Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature request -- USB audio from phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The selling point for Tidal was its high resolution compared to the others so if it is implemented at a low bit rate we've gained nothing.

And yet again I ask the question, Why? Why won't they do anything at a higher bit rate?

Paid Spotify does not offer the higher bit rate option (320k) so I don't see why another streamer would. That higher bit rate is more than sufficient IMO.

To be clear, Spotify via a phone of desktop has an optional setting for a higher bit rate.
The thing that changed is always on wifi was recently added. They can make that toggle be conditioned on Wifi.
Tesla 'Remain Connected to WiFi in Drive': How it'll work

They probably removed higher bit rate option due to trying to limit data demand for Premium Connectivity, but if you can use Wifi then that isn't a concern.

The problem with that theory is that video takes even more bandwidth, and bandwidth is cheap anyway.
It's not cheap for mobile data. Look at how much mobile data you can buy for $10. And video taking more bandwidth doesn't mean they will give free reign on audio. Video is limited by the fact that you can't stream it while driving. The reality is despite some people having higher demands, vast majority of people can't tell enough difference when music is streamed at the lower bandwidth option and that is less than half the bandwidth.

It's not cheap for mobile data. Look at how much mobile data you can buy for $10. And video taking more bandwidth doesn't mean they will give free reign on audio. Video is limited by the fact that you can't stream it while driving. The reality is despite some people having higher demands, vast majority of people can't tell enough difference when music is streamed at the lower bandwidth option and that is less than half the bandwidth.
It's been a bit since you guys contributed to this thread. But I'll tell you what... Tidal hifi downloads are a wonderful thing now with the refresh sound systems. Next up, Apple Music