Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Federal EV coming this budget 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure it is about being stupid but about being selfish, I don't care, I'll be dead by the time the planet won't be liveable...
Sounds like you don't have kids. We're doing this for our future generations. This will be the first time I'll be voting for the Green party. The Liberals are too corrupt; the conservatives don't give a f*** about the environment; and the NDP just simply has no clue....

Sounds like you don't have kids. We're doing this for our future generations. This will be the first time I'll be voting for the Green party. The Liberals are too corrupt; the conservatives don't give a f*** about the environment; and the NDP just simply has no clue....
Ok, it is a misunderstanding. I was saying that is what a lot of people seem to think, not what I think. For the record, I have 3 kids and I care about their future.

Reactions: dj_gon
I don't have cable, HBO online is too expensive, and I can't be bothered to figure out the bootleg streams. I'm waiting till next year when their DVD box set price gets cut in half, then I'll splurge and power watch...

Good luck friend!

upload_2019-4-18_10-58-12.png

I think the bigger picture is the Federal Government does not want Andrew Scheer saying the Liberals are using your tax dollars to buy rich people Teslas in the Fall election.

Does no one realize how flawed this logic is. The more expensive the car, the more tax revenue the sale will generate for the government. So only allowing the rebate on these “cheaper” cars is actually costing more money than if higher priced EVs were also included. This boggles my mind....

I am not sure it is about being stupid but about being selfish, I don't care, I'll be dead by the time the planet won't be liveable...

Reason I don't agree with this assessment is cause of kids -- ppl will literally die for their kids. If there's a bus about to hit their kid they'll put themselves in harms way to save their kid. But this same instinct doesn't kick in when the threat is not visible and immediate.

I think its more that people dont thing 2-3 generations down the line. Their kids, sure they care and want them to be taken care of....but I believe the vast majority of people in our society live too much in 'today' and not enough in 'next week'....its not even about tomorrow. Also, lets not forget that there are a lot of 'bad parents' out there that arent teaching good values to their kids, nevermind caring about the future. Its this 'whats in it for me' mentality that people have.

Same reason there is so much resistance to the EV rebate thing. People despise it when someone else gets something and they feel left out....but communism is somehow 'bad' :rolleyes:

If people actually educated themselves on the amount of money spent on oil and gas subsidies and contrasted that to the money spent on renewable energy some learning may happen....but I'm not holding my breath. Spoiler alert; there is more money spent on subsidies than the entire world spends on healthcare per year....combined :(

After reading the details of the plan, I Tweeted @Elon yesterday and sent an email to my sales contact at Mtl store. It's SUPER easy for Tesla to become eligible. Simply offer the SR-, software limited to 100km of autonomy @ 44999$. They don't even have to actually have anyone buy that, just have it available, and everyone buying an SR+ would be eligible. I don't see how Tesla could not do this, its just so simple and easy. They did something similar before for Germany, hopefully they can do it for us too !

Does no one realize how flawed this logic is. The more expensive the car, the more tax revenue the sale will generate for the government. So only allowing the rebate on these “cheaper” cars is actually costing more money than if higher priced EVs were also included. This boggles my mind....

Only if people are buying these EVs who wouldn't have bought an expensive ICE car instead, otherwise the expensive ICE car has the same tax revenue. (for what it's worth I bought my model 3 LR AWD and would have just bought a corolla if I didn't get an EV, so these people exist, but that's not everyone out there).

Edit: on the other hand I got my model 3 with no rebate, so... I don't know...

Quote Jan 19, 2019 "The Model 3 starts at $45,400 before freight and delivery charges for a base, rear-wheel-drive trim"

You know if Tesla wouldn't have been off on profitability of base model profits the Tesla could of very well pull off a Hyundai Kona move and lower the base MRSP below $45,000. How turns out we all know very well now.

The 8th best selling car not just EV could of happend again with Ontario getting back into the M3 fever and all the other current non-provincial EV incentive provinces.

Article

The Tesla Model 3 is the #8 bestselling Car in Canada in 2018

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
We're ready to buy a Model 3 and were going to go for the SR (not plus), software limited version, probably this weekend. Would you hold out waiting to see what happens with this rebate and if Tesla would lower the MSRP to get just under this $45k? I also remember reading something about not being able to combine the BC EV rebate and this federal rebate. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so, no point in waiting.

We're ready to buy a Model 3 and were going to go for the SR (not plus), software limited version, probably this weekend. Would you hold out waiting to see what happens with this rebate and if Tesla would lower the MSRP to get just under this $45k? I also remember reading something about not being able to combine the BC EV rebate and this federal rebate. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so, no point in waiting.

If the rules of the Federal EV rebate states that it does not stack with provincial rebates - pointless to wait around for the Model 3 SR(-) to make it on to said list. Of course, if for whatever reason our dollar goes up enough to knock the price down to 44999, it would still need to go through the approval process to make it onto the list. It was excluded on purpose when the cap was set at 45K CAD.

If the rules of the Federal EV rebate states that it does not stack with provincial rebates - pointless to wait around for the Model 3 SR(-) to make it on to said list. Of course, if for whatever reason our dollar goes up enough to knock the price down to 44999, it would still need to go through the approval process to make it onto the list. It was excluded on purpose when the cap was set at 45K CAD.
It does stack:

The federal purchase incentive for zero-emission vehicles will be applied in addition to any provincial zero-emission vehicles incentive offered.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on the Model 3 qualifying for the federal rebate. First you need Tesla to make adjustments so they theoretically qualify. Then you need the feds to put the Model 3 on the list and they could take their sweet time or if they want to continue to exclude it, they will find a way. Just like they found a way to make the Pacifica qualify by introducing different rules for vehicles that seat 7+.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
It does stack:

The federal purchase incentive for zero-emission vehicles will be applied in addition to any provincial zero-emission vehicles incentive offered.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on the Model 3 qualifying for the federal rebate. First you need Tesla to make adjustments so they theoretically qualify. Then you need the feds to put the Model 3 on the list and they could take their sweet time or if they want to continue to exclude it, they will find a way. Just like they found a way to make the Pacifica qualify by introducing different rules for vehicles that seat 7+.

Either way, waiting = no summer fun :)

As long as you take possession of your M3 SR+ costing no more than $55,000 on May 1st or after you still have a chance as long as their is still incentive budget remaining. I'm out cause I purchased FSD for my SR+ so I well pass the limit. If they call me tomorrow to pick it up I'm there.

Isn't the price is still based on MSRP for the 55k$ limit? So as FSD is an option, you would still be good.