Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback regarding service at the Raleigh, NC Service Center in 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

orion2001

Apr 14, 2021
NC
I currently have an open model Y order, but am on the fence at the moment as I wait to see if anything happens with the Federal tax credits/rebate situation later this year. There is a chance I may just go ahead with the order anyways as my 11 year old sedan has been getting on my nerves with every passing day. But the one thing that really concerns me with taking the plunge with Tesla is being beholden to a single service center in my neck of the woods (I'm 20 minutes from the Raleigh SC). With more and more people buying Teslas, and the general sentiment about the lacking customer service at most SCs (partially because they are swamped and under-staffed), I am hesitant to drop $50K+ if I have to then jump through hoops to try and get service if/when I need it.

From browsing through the forums here, it seems like each SC can vary pretty drastically in the overall customer experience. So I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who already own Tesla's in the area and have had interactions with the Raleigh SC over the past year or two. Some general questions I had are:

1. Have they been very swamped or have you been able to get your car looked at and out the shop in a reasonable time-frame?
2. How is the general level of competence in terms of the quality of the work?
3. Anything notable about customer-service or lack thereof?
4. Have they been receptive to new car issues like panel gaps/misalignments, paint/trim issues, etc.? Have they resolved these promptly and satisfactorily or given you the runaround?
5. For those who purchased and picked up from here, how was your experience? The SA I interacted with was Debbie and she seemed nice enough during my test-drive. Not sure about how that translates over to the actual order, pickup and post-delivery customer service.
6. Are there any other local shops you trust with your Tesla for non-warranty related work?

And just as a bit of background to ground where I am coming from... I don't plan on going over my car with an electron microscope. I also won't be washing and waxing my car each week. I just want something functional, fun, eco-friendly and hassle-free. The Tesla is appealing on many fronts to me. It's just that the customer service + support, and being beholden to a single local SC that really concerns me. I'd love to get any inputs from my fellow NC residents. Thanks!

I currently have an open model Y order, but am on the fence at the moment as I wait to see if anything happens with the Federal tax credits/rebate situation later this year. There is a chance I may just go ahead with the order anyways as my 11 year old sedan has been getting on my nerves with every passing day. But the one thing that really concerns me with taking the plunge with Tesla is being beholden to a single service center in my neck of the woods (I'm 20 minutes from the Raleigh SC). With more and more people buying Teslas, and the general sentiment about the lacking customer service at most SCs (partially because they are swamped and under-staffed), I am hesitant to drop $50K+ if I have to then jump through hoops to try and get service if/when I need it.

From browsing through the forums here, it seems like each SC can vary pretty drastically in the overall customer experience. So I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who already own Tesla's in the area and have had interactions with the Raleigh SC over the past year or two. Some general questions I had are:

1. Have they been very swamped or have you been able to get your car looked at and out the shop in a reasonable time-frame?
2. How is the general level of competence in terms of the quality of the work?
3. Anything notable about customer-service or lack thereof?
4. Have they been receptive to new car issues like panel gaps/misalignments, paint/trim issues, etc.? Have they resolved these promptly and satisfactorily or given you the runaround?
5. For those who purchased and picked up from here, how was your experience? The SA I interacted with was Debbie and she seemed nice enough during my test-drive. Not sure about how that translates over to the actual order, pickup and post-delivery customer service.
6. Are there any other local shops you trust with your Tesla for non-warranty related work?

And just as a bit of background to ground where I am coming from... I don't plan on going over my car with an electron microscope. I also won't be washing and waxing my car each week. I just want something functional, fun, eco-friendly and hassle-free. The Tesla is appealing on many fronts to me. It's just that the customer service + support, and being beholden to a single local SC that really concerns me. I'd love to get any inputs from my fellow NC residents. Thanks!
I realize that I am a year late to this conversation however for others looking for answers to the Raleigh SC. They are swamped but moreover they service reps are either under trained or under supervised. They run the place as you can only talk to someone through the app. If you are out of warranty it seems they really don’t want to deal with you.

Upvote 0
I realize that I am a year late to this conversation however for others looking for answers to the Raleigh SC. They are swamped but moreover they service reps are either under trained or under supervised. They run the place as you can only talk to someone through the app. If you are out of warranty it seems they really don’t want to deal with you.
“If you are out of warranty it seems they really don’t want to deal with you.”

Inaccurate. I have a 6 1/2 year old X that I have had tire repair (mobile) and annual service work done very easily.

Reactions: pipestem
Upvote 0