Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feel bad for the folks driving dinosaurs in this heat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a new high score (for us) on the screen today! 106 degrees. My phone was showing 104. We had just finished dinner and got in to a car that was 70 degrees inside! I hope those dinosaurs survive this heatwave. It is awesome not to have to idle an ICE just to run the AC! It is definitely the feature I never knew I needed but now I don’t think I could live without!

Attachments

• IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 147
Where I live it’s going to be 108-112 over the next week. The preconditioning is a great feature, but I like the Cabin Overheat Feature more, especially when the car sits outside at work.
More than a few times i have passed my car in the driveway this summer, only to find it silently humming away.

I guess it is the overheat feature, but still i have a few times at work, started the AC 5 minutes before getting to the car, and seen the cabin temperature at 115F, i would have guessed that it would try to keep it cooler than than with the overheat protection.

This has been on sunny days with an ambient outside air temperature of 75-80 so i would have expected it to be able to keep cooler, even if i told it NOT to use the AC for the overheat protection.

More than a few times i have passed my car in the driveway this summer, only to find it silently humming away.

I guess it is the overheat feature, but still i have a few times at work, started the AC 5 minutes before getting to the car, and seen the cabin temperature at 115F, i would have guessed that it would try to keep it cooler than than with the overheat protection.

This has been on sunny days with an ambient outside air temperature of 75-80 so i would have expected it to be able to keep cooler, even if i told it NOT to use the AC for the overheat protection.
That's the cooling system keeping your batteries within the normal operating temp range, doesn't impact the cabin temp.

I enjoy getting the 🦕 out on occasion to rotate the tires and listen to the supercharger whine a little. Then stick it back in the garage…🥴 I have thought about selling to use the money to invest but just haven’t done it.

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
does anyone here use "Vent" feature in your MY?
Yes, I use it from time to time. Mostly when away from home where I can charge every night. Venting the windows helps to cool the car, hopefully reducing energy consumption by the cabin overheat protection.

I also put a shade in my windshield to keep the car cool and protect the interior from UV sunlight.

GSP

does anyone here use "Vent" feature in your MY?
All the time. For exmaple, I'm working at home today but I know it's not raining today, so mine is sitting in the driveway vented right now with a sunshade up; I'll close them this evening. When I'm out somewhere, I may vent while parked if I'm not worried about rain or other things getting in; if I'm getting ready to leave I'll vent them about 15 minutes in advance, then close up and start the AC about 5 minutes out.

I'll do it with ICE vehicles too, weather permitting. It's just much more convenient on the Tesla because I can do it remotely. Just wish there was an "enable vent on leaving" so I could do it from the car without having to wait for walk away, windows up on lock, then do it...