Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeler for sale - 2016 MS75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gabeincal

Jul 5, 2016
SF Bay, CA
Just trying to get an idea on how much I'd be able to get for my MS75 RWD. Original sticker attached.

The basics:

- ~19k miles, 2 annual service visits done, 2 more annual services available for free (part of a deal with Tesla)
- S60 RWD upgraded to S75
- Titanium Metallic
- Grey next-gen leather interior, black alcantara headliner
- All glass pano
- Obeche wood matte decor
- Free supercharing
- AP1 enabled
- Premium package (incl. LED headlights, HEPA filter, etc)
- Spectra Photosync installed all around incl windshield
- Blackvue front and rear dashcam installed
- Comes with Tesla branded roof rails to carry ski box, bicycles, etc.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3955.jpg

No cold weather, premium audio, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 3.59.20 PM.png

$78k on your sticker minus the $7500 tax credits and $1k referral equals $69,500 less $1 per mile for the 19,000 miles (depreciation that Tesla discounts) equals roughly $51,000 which is more than Tesla would give on a trade. If you could get $60k for the S60 you would be ahead of the game but who knows some people don’t pay attention to pricing and you are willing to wait it out. Oh yeah add the $2k back for the battery.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
$78k on your sticker minus the $7500 tax credits and $1k referral equals $69,500 less $1 per mile for the 19,000 miles (depreciation that Tesla discounts) equals roughly $51,000 which is more than Tesla would give on a trade. If you could get $60k for the S60 you would be ahead of the game but who knows some people don’t pay attention to pricing and you are willing to wait it out. Oh yeah add the $2k back for the battery.
This the correct answer and formula that Tesla uses for pricing ... $50-52K :cool:

As a resident of Colorado, I would do the math slightly differently if it was available for sale in CO.

78K - 7500 fed tax credit - $5000 CO state tax credit - $1k referral - 19K mileage depreciation + 2K battery upgrade = 47.5K

At least I can dream of finding one at this price...Good luck finding a buyer...

Are you actually selling this car or just gauging the value? If you are selling it do you have any good photos of the car? And some of the interior? What was the in service date? Has there been any body damage or are there any dents, dings, scratches, or curb rash on the wheels? Is there wear on the seats or door area entry trim?

There is high demand right now - mostly b/c the RWD 75 is no more. If you are going to sell, diversify and list your car on various sites. List the car and see what kind of inquiries you receive. Sites like Cars.com, Cargurus, Usedteslaonly, and there are a few Facebook pages for tesla private party sales. Get a quote from Vroom as well.

If you really want to sell - do it before year is up - people are heavily influenced by year make of vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
Are you actually selling this car or just gauging the value? If you are selling it do you have any good photos of the car? And some of the interior? What was the in service date? Has there been any body damage or are there any dents, dings, scratches, or curb rash on the wheels? Is there wear on the seats or door area entry trim?

I'm very tempted to list it at 62k and go from there. At that point, I will put up a lot of high-res pics and detail everything you asked of course. No damage whatsoever, besides a couple tiny chips from rocks on the hood and bumper. I baby this car, hand wash it for 4 hours, so yeah, it is taken care of...

There is high demand right now - mostly b/c the RWD 75 is no more. If you are going to sell, diversify and list your car on various sites. List the car and see what kind of inquiries you receive. Sites like Cars.com, Cargurus, Usedteslaonly, and there are a few Facebook pages for tesla private party sales. Get a quote from Vroom as well.

If you really want to sell - do it before year is up - people are heavily influenced by year make of vehicle.

Thanks so much for the input, I think you're right in everything you mentioned!

As a resident of Colorado, I would do the math slightly differently if it was available for sale in CO.

78K - 7500 fed tax credit - $5000 CO state tax credit - $1k referral - 19K mileage depreciation + 2K battery upgrade = 47.5K

At least I can dream of finding one at this price...Good luck finding a buyer...

Exactly, you can only dream of a price like that, so why would I think about selling it for that much... One might find the formula logical, but there are more elements to it than this. RWD cars are unavailable now, so is the interior and exterior color of this car. This puts it into a weird place of beauty (for some), or irrelevant (for others). Some who like it, might be willing to pay the asking price. Most probably won't. :) And for sure, Tesla will use the formula above. I'll report back after I talk to them today about a trade-in!

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Couple more pics attached. I don't seem to have any inside photos.... Oh and battery is 241mi at 100%.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c32.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c32.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 105
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c2e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c2e.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 94
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2d3e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2d3e.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 92
Exactly, you can only dream of a price like that, so why would I think about selling it for that much... One might find the formula logical, but there are more elements to it than this. RWD cars are unavailable now, so is the interior and exterior color of this car. This puts it into a weird place of beauty (for some), or irrelevant (for others). Some who like it, might be willing to pay the asking price. Most probably won't. :) And for sure, Tesla will use the formula above. I'll report back after I talk to them today about a trade-in!
Agree with you on every thing you said...Good luck with your sale.

Reactions: gabeincal