Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling Outdated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my 2014 MS P85+, and before I got it I used the Tesla supercharger route planner, I would pick the low end Modle X as it has a range closer to my P85+ around 240miles,

But now they have updated models with all around 300 Miles.

I feel like I can't trust it to help me plan a route now.

Sad is I did my first road trip this week [Columbus Ohio to Chicago] and now realise mile actual Miles is less than 240 on highway.

Crazy is the all Electric Smart car only gets 60 E Miles

I was surprised when I checked the Tesla route planner that they only have a few current models.

I recommend using EV Trip Planner Unlike the Tesla planner it appears to have just about every Tesla ever built. You can select the model and wheel size. It should work for you just fine. The detailed information about the trip it provides is superior to Teslas planner anyway.

The other option is to use the one in the car. It knows your driving habits and state of initial charge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.29.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.29.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Abetterrouteplanner has a pretty good graphic showing the elevation changes throughout the route. Not sure how helpful it is knowing what it is tho. At least you know it’s using them in the calculations to some degree. Has been relatively accurate the couple times I’ve planned with it.
But once I’m in the car, honestly the in car trip arrival percent seems to be closer than anything else I’ve used.
I only use the website planners now for getting a good idea before leaving, and maybe PlugShare for an “oh *sugar*” backup plan along the route if it all goes badly.

I would prefer the chicken entrails method but I have Creme interior.

Reactions: Richt
The route planner on the Tesla website is just a sales tool. It’s. It’s not meant for owners to use. Use the in car navigation, or if you want to look at something online use one of the third party tools mentioned above.

I get it. I whish I could use in the incar navy on my cell, plan a trip and show up to my car with it it ready to go

I'm currently driving back from Chicago/ Rockisland. In my gas car it was a 7.5 hour drive the Tesla is definitely adding some time but it's been fun

Thinking of adding a small power scooter as some of the food places are a good walk from charger