Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feels like going in circles sometimes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had everything completed, VIN, MVPA, proof of insurance, trade-in, delivery date on 9/15.

Then the trade-in expired on Sunday. Resubmitted as asked, came back with the same offer today as there are only 30 additional miles on the trade-in vehicle.

Accepted the offer today as asked, and it subsequently removes my VIN, MVPA etc. This makes sense in order to regen the paperwork but the value didn't change, so it's mildly annoying after already having, then giving the VIN to my insurance company.

I''m hoping this isn't changing my VIN, car or delivery date? Date is still there, I'm sure I'm just stressing after waiting for the last five weeks but feels as tad backwards sometimes.

/rant

It's been a week since refreshing the trade-in, is this normal?

Tesla Support Chat...

Tesla
09:08 AM
Welcome to Tesla! How can we help you today?
Me
09:08 AM
RNXXXXXXXXX: Can you confirm my delivery date is still tue - 9/15/20 - I have not received any updates since my trade-in expired (which I resubmitted/accepted) on 9/1 as the trade-in value did not change. I'm not receiving any communications or text messages and would like to get a status update since I ordered on July 24th.'
Tesla Rep
09:09 AM
Got it! One moment while I check your order
Tesla Rep
09:10 AM
Yes, it looks like your delivery date is still set for 09/15/2020 at 10:00 AM !
Me
09:12 AM
When will the MVPA be back up on the site? - I'm not receiving any updates etc. The delivery date was posted by an SA so just wondering if there is any info on where the car is to prevent any surprises.
Tesla Rep
09:13 AM
Got it. While I see a vehicle is assigned to the order, I do not have immediate visibility on where it is. I can, however, ask that your Advisor follow-up as soon as possible to provide you with an update and regarding the MVPA. What is the best number we can reach you at?
Me
09:13 AM
Yes please: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Tesla Rep
09:14 AM
Thank you for confirming, and I will be sharing everything here with your advisor to follow up with you on you on your order and MVPA!
Tesla Rep
09:14 AM
In the meantime, is there anything else I can assist with?
Me
09:15 AM
Can they post the MVPA? It's not longer there
Tesla Rep
09:16 AM
Yes, if it is available and for some reason not showing as it should be, your advisor will be able to post it in your Tesla Account!
Tesla Rep
09:16 AM
Congrats on your order, and we will be in touch!

FWIW: I have a copy of the original MVPA which should be the same since the numbers did not change.