Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fiat 500e EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mrs Rubbertoe just checked on this over the weekend. Only catch seems to be that they take the $2,500 State rebate (you end up putting $7,500 down) then get the State rebate. You also need to have a current lease with another company to save $1,000. I'll find out which specific dealer had the $99 and let everyone know.

RT
For clarification...if you look at the current address for Van Nuys Fiat 500e lease, this is what you pay out of pocket: $2500 cap reduction, 1st payment, tax, title, license, acquisition fee is extra.
The $2500 should be reimbursed by the state I believe. Additional $1k required if you're not leasing a vehicle by anyone other than Fiat/Chrysler. Also, you must have tier 1 credit.
When I leased mine in 2015, I was reimbursed for everything except 1st payment, tax, title, license, PLUS I got 12 free days of car rental each year from Enterprise/National/Alamo!

My daughter leased a 500e for $50/mo (that's not a typo) about 6 months ago and loves the car. She has a free level 2 charger at work and charges it there.

She has just moved into a new home and I want to install a NEMA 14-50 for her as a house warming gift and so I can charge my TM3 when I visit her so that I won't have to stop at a supercharger on the way home. What will she need (adapters, etc.) to charge her 500e on that 14-50 when at home?

It looks like the EVSE included with the Fiat 500e is 120V only. You could verify that by looking at the label on the EVSE that she has.

You may want to install a standard J1772 L2 EVSE in her garage instead of installing a 14-50 outlet. If you install an outlet, she can't use it on her Fiat without also buying an EVSE. It will bump up the installation cost a little, but it's universally usable.

Something like the $500 OpenEVSE unit is an option. They even offer these with a NEMA 14-50 plug if you want to go that route instead of hardwiring it. This will offer 40A of current (on a 50A breaker and suitable wiring), so it wouldn't slow down the charging for your Model 3 from what you would get with a 14-50 outlet.

Wow, dormant thread for a long time...

Just an FYI for anyone attempting to return a 500e off an expiring lease. Mrs. RubberToe called the Glendale Fiat dealer to set up a return. They said that their lot was pretty full, and they couldn't accept a lease return vehicle. She set up a return with the Van Nuys dealer two days in advance. We show up at the Van Nuys dealer yesterday and they also claimed no room to take the car. :eek:

End up escalating the issue two managers up. Guy states that Chrysler Capital owns the car, and they have been leaving the dealers holding cars for long periods. I said lets call CC and talk to them. Manager states CC is not available on the phone since its past 5pm, blah, blah, blah...

I'll leave out the remaining details, but suffice it to say that we did end up returning the car at the Van Nuys dealer.

If you schedule a lease return, be sure and get the name and phone number of the employee who said you can return the car. Also call a day before to verify space, otherwise you will end up having to get pretty ugly with several managers.

RT

Wow, dormant thread for a long time...

Just an FYI for anyone attempting to return a 500e off an expiring lease. Mrs. RubberToe called the Glendale Fiat dealer to set up a return. They said that their lot was pretty full, and they couldn't accept a lease return vehicle. She set up a return with the Van Nuys dealer two days in advance. We show up at the Van Nuys dealer yesterday and they also claimed no room to take the car. :eek:

End up escalating the issue two managers up. Guy states that Chrysler Capital owns the car, and they have been leaving the dealers holding cars for long periods. I said lets call CC and talk to them. Manager states CC is not available on the phone since its past 5pm, blah, blah, blah...

I'll leave out the remaining details, but suffice it to say that we did end up returning the car at the Van Nuys dealer.

If you schedule a lease return, be sure and get the name and phone number of the employee who said you can return the car. Also call a day before to verify space, otherwise you will end up having to get pretty ugly with several managers.

RT
What a story! I've never leased a car but since it belongs to Chrysler, not you. What if you just park the car in a dealer's lot. Throw him the keys and say "it's not our car, deal with it!"

yah we had the same problem with ours nov 2016. the dealers would not return phone calls, pickup the phone, or respond to emails.
wife called CC and asked what to do, they basically said if the dealer wont take the car, just park it in their driveway and leave the keys inside and walk home.

Reactions: gene
Yeah, I would even go to the point of taking pictures of the car in their driveway to prove you dropped it off. I had similar problems with my Spark EV. Pictures are also good in case they claim damage on the car that wasn't there when you left it. I had a lease return report a pre-check with the car fine, then try to hit me for over $2k in damages. I had to push back 3 times, asking for a specific list of the damages in question (as I had the pre-check report saying everything was fine). In the end, they never produced said list, just waived the damage charges.

I think dealers are vaguely okay with lease returns of ICE vehicles, as they see it as an opportunity to start up another lease, but EV owners aren't very likely to lease another EV from the same manufacturer (they may even be buying a 3 instead), so they don't want them.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal