Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fill Valve - Air Suspension (Retrofit)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brainhouston

Sep 10, 2021
wa
Taken straight out of service manual...
Unfortunately its currently unavailable... i swear i saw it few weeks ago. Guess Tesla's manuals are dynamic...
Does anyone have this procedure saved or have a pic of Shrader valve on RH shock tower?

1655942543871.png

1655942353617.png

you can splice at the discharge compressor line and put an in line valve in there ..you would have take off the fender cover on the passenger side ..if the valve was too leak its not a big deal cause there's no pressure there with the compressor off. the service manual says to remove the fitting at the compressor but then you need to replace the collet much easier to splice the 1/4 line

Last edited:
i haven't installed it yet on mine...
i figured they do it for Nitrogen fill per service manual but i have yet to understand why it needs nitrogen fill in the first place...
over time, raising/lowering suspension will replace all nitrogen with air (it seem to dump air outside during lowering)
till i understand why, i'm just sticking with air only (same as any other air ride cars), plus suspension works fine on my car
one useful benefit of this retrofit would be to fill n raise the car in case ur compressor not working... but i believe it won't even open valves to air up if u have compressor errors (haven't tested it thoroughly).