Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final payment day of delivery online - confirmation of process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I read something about this a while ago and can't find the thread - apologies.
Quick question - if I choose to just input my bank data in the tesla system but not click the "submit" button until I've at least had an exterior look at the car at pickup, will that work? What I mean is, when I click the submit button will the process be instantaneous, or take several hours/days to process?

Thanks!

We used a good old fashioned paper check at delivery. I had a balance due walking in to pick up my MY last week. My delivery agent asked how I wanted to pay, bank xfer or check. We chose check just in case we wanted to decline the delivery it was easier to get a paper check back than a bank xfer. I was able to fully inspect the car before giving them a check. The only thing I could not do is pair the car to my phone until it was paid.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndersT
if I choose to just input my bank data in the tesla system but not click the "submit" button until I've at least had an exterior look at the car at pickup, will that work? What I mean is, when I click the submit button will the process be instantaneous, or take several hours/days to process?

My ACH transaction was immediate, and reflected "$0.00 amount due". My bank then reflected it an hour later. ACH transactions are supposed to be posted within hours at most.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndersT
We used a good old fashioned paper check at delivery. I had a balance due walking in to pick up my MY last week. My delivery agent asked how I wanted to pay, bank xfer or check. We chose check just in case we wanted to decline the delivery it was easier to get a paper check back than a bank xfer. I was able to fully inspect the car before giving them a check. The only thing I could not do is pair the car to my phone until it was paid.

Right, so this means you didn't really have a contact-less delivery, right? My understanding is they can reverse acceptance of the car if you find reason to reject it. I went ahead and paid my down payment, I have been a YUGE Tesla critic in the past but I am stepping out on a limb here so that I can try the full contact-less delivery. If the car is in good shape I think it will be a unique buying experience. Pull up, open the car with the app, decide yes or no (hopefully yes) sign and drop off paperwork in the drop box and leave.

We have a 255 mile trip back home once we pick it up, I hope the car is mostly charged. there are 2-3 super chargers on the way home but I'm hoping to make it without stopping to charge.

Right, so this means you didn't really have a contact-less delivery, right?
Correct. Semi-contactless I guess. All paperwork was signed by my wife and I in the hatchback area with the delivery agent pointing where to sign. I wanted someone there to point out, document and submit any defects I wanted them to fix. A good example was my hatchback latch didnt latch upon first inspection. Had I not had someone there to take it back to service it would have rattled or not closed without forcing it closed and I would have had to schedule a mobile service (which in our area are about two weeks out) or SC visit (4 weeks out). I didnt want to wait that long for a quick adjustment so I had them take care of it then.

But I get the whole contactless thing. To each their own. For us, we felt we wanted someone there to see the issues and try to fix them before leaving the lot.

Reactions: imola.zhp
Finally spoke with a human at my Delivery Center yesterday about my upcoming "touchless" delivery and he confirmed I can pay with a personal check made payable to Tesla. I guess I still have leverage if after I gain access to the vehicle and I reject it I haven't forked over any money.

Well all valid .My vin mysteriously vanished but my advisor assured me all was well.
Found put today its due in on Thursday. I decided to pick up Saturday at 1030am instead of Friday one day later .
I also did a ACH payment so everything is smooth.
Saturday allows me more time to look over the car and whats better than a Saturday delivery day

Well all valid .My vin mysteriously vanished but my advisor assured me all was well.
Found put today its due in on Thursday. I decided to pick up Saturday at 1030am instead of Friday one day later .
I also did a ACH payment so everything is smooth.
Saturday allows me more time to look over the car and whats better than a Saturday delivery day
Anthony, how did you change your pickup day?
I get a text giving me a 3 day window, but I need 4 days after the last available day to be in town.
I reply to the text with no response back..of course...ty

I get a text giving me a 3 day window, but I need 4 days after the last available day to be in town.

I asked my Delivery Agent at the local SC about that. He told me that they prefer to have cars not sit around longer than 3 days, but if I needed 4, they could work with me on that.

Call the local SC, press the appropriate buttons to get to Update on Delivery or something like that. It has been a week since I have called it, so I dont remember the presses. But there should be an option to get an update on delivery status or something like that.

I call my advisor asaid

Actually was quite easy. I emailed my advisor and said Friday really doesn't work for our family.
We would appreciate Saturday morning instead.
No problem at all ot was done.
Really nice treatment so far