Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh yeah it does say 3.5 now.

View attachment 487388

Sweet, that's even better! I read on another post that if you choose the Tesla finance option, that Tesla actually matches you up with another lender - basically like a broker? I'm not sure. I ended up going with Navy Fed though because it was the lowest I could find.

Tesla doesnt have a captive finance arm like other big car manufacturers. There is no "Tesla Finance company" for example, Like there is "toyota motor credit" or "BMW financial services". The latter 2 are owned by their respective manufacturers, and exist solely to lend money to people for their respective brands.

Tesla simply has agreements with several financial institutions to facilitate people getting into cars, so "tesla" loans are through several different banks.

• Helpful
Reactions: jon0351
Tesla doesnt have a captive finance arm like other big car manufacturers. There is no "Tesla Finance company" for example, Like there is "toyota motor credit" or "BMW financial services". The latter 2 are owned by their respective manufacturers, and exist solely to lend money to people for their respective brands.

Tesla simply has agreements with several financial institutions to facilitate people getting into cars, so "tesla" loans are through several different banks.

That makes sense. Good info!

Reactions: jjrandorin
Whether you can pay after inspection varies by state? What about NY?

As long as you are in a state that allows tesla to sell cars direct, then you should be able to pay in person after you inspect the car. A few states do not allow car manufacturers to sell cars direct. in those states you MUST purchase a car from a dealer, not from the manufacturer. Its really only an issue for tesla. In those states, you must pay in full before delivery, because tesla is actually selling you the car in a different state, and then transporting it to you (since they cant sell it to you legally in those states).

This is from wikipedia (the fountain of accuracy that it is) so I am not sure if this is 100% accurate, but here is the list of states that do not allow tesla to sell cars (thus you must pay in full beforehand)

Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

States with total direct sales bans

• Informative
Reactions: jon0351