Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally, after 9 long weeks!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally! My Model X CPO has been released from the Brake Recall hostage situation. It's actually winding its way down to Florida even as I write. I now have my delivery appointment for next Saturday afternoon.

It's funny, because just a week ago I had given up hope of getting it any time soon. I had been reading comments that people had been told the recall wouldn't be completed until October, while others were saying it wouldn't START until October. The news that unlimited supercharging was coming back got my interest when I realized I could get a 100D and still have the FUSC. I had started looking at what was available in inventory but it didn't look very satisfying and I couldn't stand the thought of waiting another 6 or 8 week for a custom. I would have to say goodbye to my favorite Titanium color, of course, but the option and color mixes just weren't great.

But then last Wednesday I found out the brake parts had been shipped, and yesterday evening I got the call that the car was on it's way down and set my delivery appointment for next Saturday. I also found out the Performance Pedals and the new FWD switches were there for them to install before delivery.

I'm itching to change my Signature, but I think I'll wait until I actually have it in hand. It's a 2016 Titanium 90D with about 5,000 miles. It has Tan leather with six seats, PUP, AP1, Sub-zero (a must here in Florida:confused:), High amperage charger, and Towing package. More excited about this than I was for the Model S. It's fixing to be a very long coming week. Can't wait.

Finally! My Model X CPO has been released from the Brake Recall hostage situation. It's actually winding its way down to Florida even as I write. I now have my delivery appointment for next Saturday afternoon.

It's funny, because just a week ago I had given up hope of getting it any time soon. I had been reading comments that people had been told the recall wouldn't be completed until October, while others were saying it wouldn't START until October. The news that unlimited supercharging was coming back got my interest when I realized I could get a 100D and still have the FUSC. I had started looking at what was available in inventory but it didn't look very satisfying and I couldn't stand the thought of waiting another 6 or 8 week for a custom. I would have to say goodbye to my favorite Titanium color, of course, but the option and color mixes just weren't great.

But then last Wednesday I found out the brake parts had been shipped, and yesterday evening I got the call that the car was on it's way down and set my delivery appointment for next Saturday. I also found out the Performance Pedals and the new FWD switches were there for them to install before delivery.

I'm itching to change my Signature, but I think I'll wait until I actually have it in hand. It's a 2016 Titanium 90D with about 5,000 miles. It has Tan leather with six seats, PUP, AP1, Sub-zero (a must here in Florida:confused:), High amperage charger, and Towing package. More excited about this than I was for the Model S. It's fixing to be a very long coming week. Can't wait.
Congrats! Glad to see another X Titanium...even if it isn't AP2. ;)

Congratulations...

I have the cold weather package in Southern California because I transport my mother and mother-in-law, both of whom get cold easily... it's a way to keep from melting when we have them in the car.
Can't expect an ideal config with a CPO, but I would have preferred the upgraded sound to the high speed charger. I don't think I"ll be doing much destination charging and I don't need it at home. Of course, I also remember reading about some controversy over whether the Premium Sound was actually worth it or not.

Can't expect an ideal config with a CPO, but I would have preferred the upgraded sound to the high speed charger. I don't think I"ll be doing much destination charging and I don't need it at home. Of course, I also remember reading about some controversy over whether the Premium Sound was actually worth it or not.

Most audiophiles that I know decide to go third party for sound. The higher amperage configurations have been helpful at spots. I have an HPWC at 56A that I use in a pinch for the Roadster or S, but typically charge the S at 30A and the Roadster at 40A.

I can't get over how much more volume the Model X has than the Model S. I have a fairly small garage and the Model S filled it pretty completely. But the Model X in that space looks like it takes half the volume of the total garage. Intelectually, I know that the footprint is virtually the same and it's only about 10 inches or so taller, but the difference is almost shocking. Every time I walk into the garage (which coincidently is much more often than I used to), I still marvel at how big it is.

I had issues getting in and out of the Model S because it's so low and the seat is set so far back behind the B-pillar, which is why I switched. I was always fiddling with the steering wheel and seat locations to make the entrance/exit easier, but I found with the Model X that after I set the seat and steering wheel for the comfortable driving position, I didn't even need to create an exit profile. I can get in and out easily without needing to make any adjustment.

I can't get over how much more volume the Model X has than the Model S. I have a fairly small garage and the Model S filled it pretty completely. But the Model X in that space looks like it takes half the volume of the total garage. Intelectually, I know that the footprint is virtually the same and it's only about 10 inches or so taller, but the difference is almost shocking. Every time I walk into the garage (which coincidently is much more often than I used to), I still marvel at how big it is.

I had issues getting in and out of the Model S because it's so low and the seat is set so far back behind the B-pillar, which is why I switched. I was always fiddling with the steering wheel and seat locations to make the entrance/exit easier, but I found with the Model X that after I set the seat and steering wheel for the comfortable driving position, I didn't even need to create an exit profile. I can get in and out easily without needing to make any adjustment.
Congrats!

Tesla picked up my car a few days ago to make some delivery item repairs and I was exited to learn that they were giving me a brand new 2017 Model X loaner to use while they did the work. It's a 47xxx VIN that had only 65 miles when they dropped it off. Unfortunately, it wan't a 100D, but oh well...

It's been interesting to try out the Enhanced Autopilot, mine of course has HW1. While EA is workable, it has still panicked in situations that haven't been a problem with AP1, and it does a lot more adjusting in maintaining the lane. I've also noticed that the automatic high beams don't respond quickly enough. I have been getting flashed often. This doesn't happen with my 2016 or the 2015 Model S that also had AP1. I've also noticed that it misses reading a lot of speed sign changes. I know that EA will eventually leave my AP1 in the dust, but right now it's still just not there.

I don't know if the seat design has been changed recently, but I find my car's seat to be more comfortable. I'm on the wide side, and I find that the seat side bolsters seem too restrictive and bother my legs. Maybe mine have relaxed some from more wear. Although I do prefer the look of the non-ventilated leather over my ventilated ones. I can't speak to the comfort of one versus the other because I haven't gotten around to looking into how the ventilated seats work.

I can't believe I'm saying this, since I considered buying a brand new model because I wanted the latest and greatest, but I can't wait to get my older car back.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: rjdoc74 and BLKMDL3