Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally brought my Model S in for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks ago I made an appointment to bring my Model S in for service. I have been having issues with random errors that come and go and apparently my cameras are not pitched correctly so my Auto Pilot has been restricted to 50 MPH for a month now and they said that I needed to bring it in to get the pitch adjusted on the cameras.

That was Saturday morning and today is Thursday and I still have not heard when I will be getting my car back or what they found out. Its a little irritating not knowing when I will be getting it back. I thought this would be a quick little adjustment but who knows what they are doing.

I also figured a company that was so fixated on the environment would loan me another Tesla but I guess not. They gave me an ICE rental and told me to keep track of how much money I spend on gas.

I have had similar waits. But they have always taken very good care of me. Usually I get a similar model car as a loaner. I did get an ICE once, at which I cringed. But I understood. I got a Fusion, which I had never driven, so at least it was interesting. Though it completely reinforced my decision to go electric!

No harm in giving them a call, you should find out who your advisor is and ask to speak with them... then ask for status on your car! If I had to guess they are waiting on a part but only your service advisor can answer that question for you....

3 weeks ago I made an appointment to bring my Model S in for service. I have been having issues with random errors that come and go and apparently my cameras are not pitched correctly so my Auto Pilot has been restricted to 50 MPH for a month now and they said that I needed to bring it in to get the pitch adjusted on the cameras.

That was Saturday morning and today is Thursday and I still have not heard when I will be getting my car back or what they found out. Its a little irritating not knowing when I will be getting it back. I thought this would be a quick little adjustment but who knows what they are doing.

I also figured a company that was so fixated on the environment would loan me another Tesla but I guess not. They gave me an ICE rental and told me to keep track of how much money I spend on gas.
Call them! They didn't call me back after some post delivery quality fixes, including a detail they owed me that was promised from taking delivery in the rain, and the car sat outside for a week before I decided to swing by and see what was going on. I got their right in time before they tried taking it out back to wash it, which would have left many more paint swirls as they are terrible at washing (and it was fifthy from sitting outside for a week, not to mention the detailer didn't clean out the wax from many places around the car).

No harm in giving them a call, you should find out who your advisor is and ask to speak with them... then ask for status on your car! If I had to guess they are waiting on a part but only your service advisor can answer that question for you....

I did call and they dont know what is going on and they tell me and I quote from their last message "They are waiting additional information and approval from engineers" and they will keep me informed when they hear something. That was 2 days ago so I guess I will call again tomorrow.

Several days later and still no response as to what they are even doing with my vehicle.

"Sorry for the delay there is a case open for your vehicle still waiting for engineering to response for the next step. Thank you for your patience. "

The car is just sitting there waiting for an engineer to view logs and see why I get random error messages every few days. It's now over a week. They also disabled my remote access and disconnected my front and rear cams I installed.

I understand OP got an ICE car which sucks, but for those that get a Tesla loaner - does it really matter how long the repair takes? Just curious.

Shouldn't really but, in such instances in the past, I missed my own car. There are the obvious differences - I once got a 60 loaner when my P85D was in for service, homelink, media presets, etc. - but, there are the intangibles such as being uncomfortable and wary driving someone else's car lest it gets damaged somehow.

To the OP, @BestRadar, you have every right to demand a Tesla loaner at this point; they should be able to valet it to you. And, if due, have them perform an annual service and such as goodwill.

If it is not a critical fix... wait till they have a tesla loaner. Then there is no harm in them taking a long time. Just enjoy the free miles.
The center is over an hour and a half away from me and they told me they had no tesla loaners and made some excuse about DMV giving them a hard time with registering them. My loan payment is $1700 a month and while it's nice to not be adding miles I am driving around in a $300 a month loaner.

What were your random errors? I keep getting "Car Needs Service - Power Reduced" randomly and the service center has not been able to figure it out.

The center is over an hour and a half away from me and they told me they had no tesla loaners and made some excuse about DMV giving them a hard time with registering them. My loan payment is $1700 a month and while it's nice to not be adding miles I am driving around in a $300 a month loaner.

I am 2 hrs from my SC and they flat bedded me a tesla to my driveway, took mine back, serviced it, detailed it, and flat bedded back to me at work.

Guess Tesla just treats people different...

What were your random errors? I keep getting "Car Needs Service - Power Reduced" randomly and the service center has not been able to figure it out.

Mostly it would tell me that my parking brake was not released to contact Tesla Service. At my worst startup I had tons of autopilot errors but around a month ago they remotely restricted my AutoPilot so I could not longer activate it because they claimed by camera pitch was off.