Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FINALLY SETTLED? * Porsche Taycan Turbo S vs Tesla Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I'm very impressed. Beautiful exterior, the type of interior that should have been in the Raven update and amazing performance. For the Porsche. The Tesla still looks like the nearly 10 year old design that it is and since I don't race my cars, the difference in performance is meaningless. One day Tesla will catch up to Porsche design. Maybe.

The new Roadster is a striking design unto itself, but that's where the design comparison to Porsche quality ends. Roadster's interior is more influenced by the budget Model 3 than Porsche's luxury interior that was itself influenced by the Model S.

D5104B01-FBBB-4F08-9E9D-D0050AA911B6.png
634CF90A-DD1F-4891-B14A-AB055AE4A711.png

They tested both cars at California Speedway in Fontana. The Taycan runs high 10.4's at 130.x

Source of 10.4x?

The runs in his vid he was running 10.5x in all 3 passes. With that said, the track was not prepped and he was spinning a lot both off launch and when it shifted into second gear so 10.4x is certainly possible but he has not achieved that time yet. He explains that here - Link.

In his video, I also saw that he was only testing the Taycan and not the Model S. He has yet to test both of those together at a track and is saving them for a future video on a prepped track.

Also, California Speedway is the old name. It's now called the Auto Club Speedway.

Source of 10.4x?

The runs in his vid he was running 10.5x in all 3 passes. With that said, the track was not prepped and he was spinning a lot both off launch and when it shifted into second gear so 10.4x is certainly possible but he has not achieved that time yet. He explains that here - Link.

In his video, I also saw that he was only testing the Taycan and not the Model S. He has yet to test both of those together at a track and is saving them for a future video on a prepped track.

Also, California Speedway is the old name. It's now called the Auto Club Speedway.

One of the press teams, I believe it was Motor Trend, clicked off a high 10.4.

The trap speed and the weight tells who has the HP. It's not close.

Yes, and the dragstrip was on the other side of the raceway running with the wind. I will always call it California Speedway.

One of the press teams, I believe it was Motor Trend, clicked off a high 10.4.

The trap speed and the weight tells who has the HP. It's not close.

Yes, and the dragstrip was on the other side of the raceway running with the wind. I will always call it California Speedway.

No it wasn't lol. That was just for a single 0-60 test run. You should probably rewatch the video to refresh your memory.

I was hoping for a video or official drag strip slip not some press claim.

In case you weren't aware, a 10.48 has been achieved in a stock S by chadoco earlier this month on Dragy.

"The trap speed and the weight tells who has the HP. It's not close."

It's definitely close in a 1/4 mile race with LC and that is all that matters here. 60-130 is obviously in Taycan's favor with the second gear but only on the very top end.

• Funny
Reactions: 2101Guy and Snerruc