Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing and Insuring your Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ray is right, it is extremely variable depening on which model, total cost, and your individual history and circumstances. I canvased many options, and RACQ was a clear winner for me, on price and coverage.

I used Tesla finance (Macquarie) - excellent rates and the buy back guarantee was a winner for me. I only part financed mine.

Hi Colin, I'm new to this forum (First post) and hopefully, finance permitting I'll be a new Tesla owner in the next few days, can't wait!
I was just wondering in relation to the finance with Macquarie, how did it all go in terms of the approval process. How long did it take? What details beside the obvious payslips and application form did they require off you? Any tips. I am in the process of getting approval, sent through the payslips and app form, but they are also looking at my company website to check on length of operations and as my website is outdated, haven't updated for 5 years, the websites states the business has been operating for 2 years, when in fact it's been going for almost 6 which I stated on my application form. I thought doing things like an ABN lookup would be more concrete?

Hi Colin, I'm new to this forum (First post) and hopefully, finance permitting I'll be a new Tesla owner in the next few days, can't wait!
I was just wondering in relation to the finance with Macquarie, how did it all go in terms of the approval process. How long did it take? What details beside the obvious payslips and application form did they require off you? Any tips. I am in the process of getting approval, sent through the payslips and app form, but they are also looking at my company website to check on length of operations and as my website is outdated, haven't updated for 5 years, the websites states the business has been operating for 2 years, when in fact it's been going for almost 6 which I stated on my application form. I thought doing things like an ABN lookup would be more concrete?

Just went through this myself with Macquarie and found a letter from the accountant stating the facts to be the best approach. They can mention the length of time you've been trading as well as all the financial details lending should require.

From submitting documents the whole process took less than a week for me.

Just went through this myself with Macquarie and found a letter from the accountant stating the facts to be the best approach. They can mention the length of time you've been trading as well as all the financial details lending should require.

From submitting documents the whole process took less than a week for me.

Thank you for your reply. I think this may be the only logical way forward in order for them to get the information they require.

And it sounds like you need to update your website too. :)