Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PenFed told me I'm approved, but they need a copy of the "Final" MVPA, before they can disburse the funds. Did they request a Final MVPA from you before they sent the check? I don't see how a final MVPA can be generated without the VIN...

Same here. It took me 10 min to fill out the online application last night and today I got this notification from PenFed:

CONDITIONALLY APPROVED. CLICK VIEW COMMENTS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
COMMENTS: Please provide a purchase order from the dealership, including the total purchase price and total amount that you are financing. This information may be provided via fax to 1-800-278-2212 or 1-800-557-7328, or via e-mail at [email protected]. All PenFed policies apply.

Very easy process.

I know. I was just wondering how CalEECS got a check from PenFed without a final MVPA. I'm assuming he didn't have a final MVPA, since he mentioned that he didn't yet have a VIN when PenFed sent him the check.

Yes, CalEECS has been the only outlier in this regard; he got a check without a VIN while the rest of us are going to be waiting on the VIN and then the check. In any case, CalEECS has since picked up his car so, PenFed's a go for Model S!

Same here. It took me 10 min to fill out the online application last night and today I got this notification from PenFed

mlascano, when I reached this stage, I sent PenFed the original MVPA (without the VIN, of course) and they then moved the application along to the point where the approval was finalized and the online portal simply says "Comments: Need VIN" - you may want to take it that far for quicker disbursement of the check once you get the VIN.

mlascano, when I reached this stage, I sent PenFed the original MVPA (without the VIN, of course) and they then moved the application along to the point where the approval was finalized and the online portal simply says "Comments: Need VIN" - you may want to take it that far for quicker disbursement of the check once you get the VIN.

Thanks gg, I'll do that. I actually do have my VIN, not on the pre-MVPA though. So I'll include it too with the documents I'll send them.
I'll post an update let you all know if this is good enough.

This is just fantastic! I Just got a call from my local credit union Here in Huntington Beach CA. They called to tell me i just was denied my loan for 80k Because they felt the car was "experimental" and they could NOT find enough information, residual values, etc. They weren't even sure what the car would be worth if they had to repo it. Can someone shed some light one this. Perhaps someone that does have lending already. What did their banks have for data? My credit score is perfect 780, I make enough monthly income. They said just not enough info on any of the major car sites. KBB.com etc. I am Signature sport 203. Help me!

I know. I was just wondering how CalEECS got a check from PenFed without a final MVPA. I'm assuming he didn't have a final MVPA, since he mentioned that he didn't yet have a VIN when PenFed sent him the check.

I sent them the pre-sale MVPA and that seemed to make them happy, they sent back the check, promissory note and some other paperwork. I gave the check to Tesla, sent in the paperwork and the first payment, and everything looks ok on the website. They want a copy of the registration showing the lien; let's see if Tesla files the paperwork correctly to get that.

Drop them; you are probably not going to be able to convince them in time. Try one of the lenders who have come through thus far; Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) or Tech Credit Union (in the Bay Area) or go with Bank of America or Wells Fargo that Tesla's partnering with - see Financing | Tesla Motors

I applied online to Penfed. I will report back with the details. Thank you!

PenFed dropped the ball on me yesterday, due to their inflexible paperwork demands. I finally got so frustrated with them that I told them to forget the whole thing. Called Matt at Tesla Motors Finance Dept., and he stepped up to the plate and took care of everything on the spot! So, now I'm all set to take delivery this Sunday at 10:00! Thanks, Matt, for coming to the rescue at the last minute!

An update on my appliction process with PenFed: I sent them a copy and my pre-MVPA, gave them my assigned VIN via email.
The VIN gave them some trouble initially as they had entered in their system that the car was a Roadster 2.5 (I believe up until now only the Roadster shows up in their system under the Tesla brand and they are having to manually switch to Model S each time) and of course the VIN was giving them an error message, but once I clarified via phone that this was a Model S 2012, 4-dr sedan.... all was cleared up, loan approved, check in the mail to me today.

Very easy process and best of all, great rates!

Ok... Here goes! So i did apply for penfed.. Got approved for 35k. Not enough unless i wanted to come in with more money. I didnt really want to considering the 40k i already put down.They didnt see high loans on my credit other then the houses. I was going to take a private loan out and was 2 seconds to making it happen when I decided to see what Tesla's partner wells fargo would do. Boom all 80k financed at 3.99 percent 60 months. I instead turned the pen fed approval into a credit card with a high limit. Just an fyi. I got a call last week on the 29th of septmeber saying.. not only the car was ready for me. But that it was less than 4 miles away.. at that point all the above went down. I couldnt sleep for 3 days untill i finally made everything happen on thursday. There was no warning it is coming. The "my garage" is not up to date at all. Seriously I cant describe this thing. I seriously almost started to cry when they took me to see it. Ive waited 4 1/2 years for this thing. I ordered it when i was 26. There is NO other car that even compares. NONE.. Here in orange county CA eveyone wants to trade in their Bentleys and Maseratis for this car. I cant wait for the X! Thank you Elon and Team!

Ok... Here goes! So i did apply for penfed.. Got approved for 35k. Not enough unless i wanted to come in with more money. I didnt really want to considering the 40k i already put down.They didnt see high loans on my credit other then the houses. I was going to take a private loan out and was 2 seconds to making it happen when I decided to see what Tesla's partner wells fargo would do. Boom all 80k financed at 3.99 percent 60 months. I instead turned the pen fed approval into a credit card with a high limit. Just an fyi. I got a call last week on the 29th of septmeber saying.. not only the car was ready for me. But that it was less than 4 miles away.. at that point all the above went down. I couldnt sleep for 3 days untill i finally made everything happen on thursday. There was no warning it is coming. The "my garage" is not up to date at all. Seriously I cant describe this thing. I seriously almost started to cry when they took me to see it. Ive waited 4 1/2 years for this thing. I ordered it when i was 26. There is NO other car that even compares. NONE.. Here in orange county CA eveyone wants to trade in their Bentleys and Maseratis for this car. I cant wait for the X! Thank you Elon and Team!

Congrats! (Think you meant 29th of October...)

I think your excitement is what I'm going to feel in December or January...

What was your reservation number?

/Ed

You are certainly correct. I havent felt this excitment for anything in a very long time. When i purchased a used ferrari it wasent even half of this. They car is pointed and gawked at by seriously every single person that can see it. Its pure power of the performance is nothing i have ever felt. If someone has been on superman the ride at six flag it even out does that. I find myself driving it around with no place to actually go.. It is a geeks dream come true!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh whoops reservation number is 203 vin is 268. :)