Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how it actually works with all these delays, but I have heard the rate is only good for 30 days, it's only the loan application that is good for 90 days.
I think this means they may give you adjusted rate on delivery date without doing another credit check.

I'm on the same boat, the application was done on Mar/13. I was approved for 3.98% for 96m with Scotia.
It still says that rate on my order page however.

I don't know how it actually works with all these delays, but I have heard the rate is only good for 30 days, it's only the loan application that is good for 90 days.
I think this means they may give you adjusted rate on delivery date without doing another credit check.

I'm on the same boat, the application was done on Mar/13. I was approved for 3.98% for 96m with Scotia.
It still says that rate on my order page however.
Hopefully the rate will be locked since they approved your loan. I never heard they mentioned the rate will be adjusted even you take delivery within the loan valid date.

Then if my rate already expired and I am picking up next week (my account shows the original rate), should I email Tesla finance to confirm my rate?
I did and they confirmed the rate, but then again I’ve yet to get a straight reply from anyone at Tesla yet.

So as I mentioned, I will only know for sure next week when I pick up my car.

Email away, it won’t hurt to get it in writing.

Reactions: sokhangoo
Just received a response from the rep, the rate will be remain the same if i can take delivery within the date range. Which is valid for 90 days since Feb for my case. But if after that and re-submit the application, the rate will be increase.
That’s perfect. To be honest if rates are not valid when delivery appointment is booked then Tesla should notify the purchaser of the newer rates and monthly payments.

Just received a response from the rep, the rate will be remain the same if i can take delivery within the date range. Which is valid for 90 days since Feb for my case. But if after that and re-submit the application, the rate will be increase.
You’ll be in for a surprise. There are posts within this thread that all state, rates are locked in for 30 days and credit approvals for 90 days

Reactions: koorosh
You’ll be in for a surprise. There are posts within this thread that all state, rates are locked in for 30 days and credit approvals for 90 days
I applied for my loan in first week of March and now I got the email that my final payment and contract is ready and in there my rate and monthly payment is the same as the one I got in March (3.98% for 96 months with $15K down).