Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed them asking why i am not getting 5.89%, they said it's because the rate only good for February.
I then told them to check when I applied, and they confirmed it's on February.
I asked them why I am not getting 5.89%.
Their response, and I am quoting:
You applied in February, however your application sent to RBC for review and they approved. When that happens, we do not manually send it to the other lenders to avoid additional credit inquiries.
When i checked how much difference between 6.19% (what my rate is) and 5.89% over 72 months, it's about 600 dollar difference.
Wondering if i should throw a fit, but there's no way i could get that rate again now, I'm just gonna have to eat the difference quietly =(

I emailed them asking why i am not getting 5.89%, they said it's because the rate only good for February.
I then told them to check when I applied, and they confirmed it's on February.
I asked them why I am not getting 5.89%.
Their response, and I am quoting:

When i checked how much difference between 6.19% (what my rate is) and 5.89% over 72 months, it's about 600 dollar difference.
Wondering if i should throw a fit, but there's no way i could get that rate again now, I'm just gonna have to eat the difference quietly =(
That's weird, since doing my credit app after I ordered on Jan 24, 2023, I've emailed tesla finance twice. I think I've seen all 3 banks' rate offers and on the latest email, I was able to get the Scotiabank 5.89%.

too add more complication, the finance person went ahead and hard enquire my credit to scotia without confirming to me :( i shouldve told him in advance not to do that, but hey i guess without him doing that there’s no way to find out if they can still get 5.89% for me

and he put the wrong terms too (originally 72 mths, he put it at 96, again without asking)

i feel like the more i struggle the deeper the hole i’m in…sigh

Can you tell me what you messaged? Hey ive my order number RNxxx would like you to find a better rate? Did you wait to schedule delivery or you emailed them once you placed an order? (Since april orders showing April delivery anyway) very curious to know..thankd

Can you tell me what you messaged? Hey ive my order number RNxxx would like you to find a better rate? Did you wait to schedule delivery or you emailed them once you placed an order? (Since april orders showing April delivery anyway) very curious to know..thankd
The April delivery is false and seems to be used to lure you in, a bunch of people including me are reporting an updated delivery window of end of May to end of June for rwd model 3, while new orders are still showing April. I called Tesla and they said their website's estimated delivery for new orders hasn't updated and that people who ordered end of March are put on the 2nd batch of production which correlates to the window I got. So in other words they are luring people in with the short delivery and then breaking the news to them after they complete all the pre delivery steps. Also in terms of emailing them I pretty much sent something similar to what you said, right after applying for financing and getting approved, without a delivery date (since I assume it would be delivered in April 2023).

Wait for delivery date to be scheduled and then apply for financing. Like others said, the dates are not very accurate so you don’t want credit checks done and lose your financing rates as they’re only valid for 30 days.