Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice their amount due is different than their selected downpayment amount?

I chose to put $7.5k down but my amount due is $6.6k on the Tesla page.

Has this happened to anyone else?
When my rate got changed I had the option to select the down payment again and then accept the offer, but you can always give them a call and they will update it.

Reactions: Jck2tam
I currently have a loan for my model 3. I plan on switching to a model y. does anyone know if the existing loan gets paid out and I would start a new loan on the model y. not sure how banks handle these situations. would hate to lose the low rate on my model 3.

I want to register the car in my wife's name because she qualifies for the full BC rebate, but the loan would be based on my credit. I just spotted the FAQ stating that for Tesla Financing the registration name must match the loan name.

Has anyone else done this scenario? I assume you went directly to the bank's for financing rather than go through Tesla Financing?

Approved @ 5.74% at RBC
whole process took like a minute!
Congrats Just in time, April’s average rate was 6.25% on Tesla’s website and most people were getting 5.75%. Starting today May 1st, the site shows an average rate of 6.39%, so I’m expecting 5.89%-6% this month. Rates seem to change every month regardless of wether bank of Canada changes the rate or not.

Reactions: m3p-ev
any advice on the getting the best rates.

I have been following this forum but haven't gotten the same experience.

Ordered MY late February, compelted loan info at that time. 6.19%, 20k down, 72m. Since its past 20 days, I messaged [email protected] today to get a updated rate. told them i was hoping for 5.7-5.8% as per the rates posted. Instead I got 6.59 which is the posted website rate.

any advice or recommendations on how to approach.

thank u

I got 5.88% for 36months from Scotiabank on April 25th.
Congrats!

So it seems I was off by 0.01% on my 5.89-6% estimate I made for this month
Congrats Just in time, April’s average rate was 6.25% on Tesla’s website and most people were getting 5.75%. Starting today May 1st, the site shows an average rate of 6.39%, so I’m expecting 5.89%-6% this month. Rates seem to change every month regardless of wether bank of Canada changes the rate or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: reyhan12 and m3p-ev