Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got approved by BMO 6.15%@96mth on May 5th, was told Scotia is 6.06% and RBC is higher for this month. Tesla rep told me that I don't need to accept the offer until I have a firm delivery date. Until then, I can do another loan application and hope for better rate at that time. Is it true that not accept the loan offer will NOT affect the delivery date?

I got approved by BMO 6.15%@96mth on May 5th, was told Scotia is 6.06% and RBC is higher for this month. Tesla rep told me that I don't need to accept the offer until I have a firm delivery date. Until then, I can do another loan application and hope for better rate at that time. Is it true that not accept the loan offer will NOT affect the delivery date?
The best method is to accept and not risk having the delivery date delayed, unless you are going to be financing outside of Tesla. Even if you accept it you can ask for a better rate closer to delivery. Usually rates change beginning of every month. If it has been over 30 days though, your current rate expires and a new rate will automatically be applied at delivery. I had originally accepted 6.39% in March but was able to get it reduced to 5.75% in April even after accepting it.

Reactions: TomLee
Maybe a weird questions but I can't find any answer on Google.

I'm currently applying for a car loan and I was wondering if my wife's salary should be included in anyway?
Do I say my mortgage is half of what it really is since she pays half of it?

Or do I just act as if I will pay the both the car and the house on my own salary ?