Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Find Us Map Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The people have voted and told Tesla to fill in this area which is not surprising. Lots of vacation homes in these mountains.

1681517596868.png

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
According to supercharger.info it looks like they've only been building 250kw sites for a while now. Have there been any new urban 72kw sites that I'm missing? I still think those would be fantastic at grocery stores and probably be fine at interstate sit-down restaurants as well. Crackerbarrel, Applebees, Chilis, Outback, Texas Roadhouse, etc, having a row of 10 to 20 stalls with 75 - 100kw charging seems like a great idea to me.

I haven't seen a new 72 kW urban supercharger site in years. I think with Tesla's economies of scale, it's cheaper for them to just keep doing V3 installs. I suppose they could throttle the grid input, if there's a utility limit, which might antagonize visiting drivers ("wah I'm only getting 100k kW wah") but absolutely the charging equipment has been solely V3 for a couple years now.

I'm trying to remember if I heard any rumors of Tesla SC sites in that NGA/WNC region. Nothing comes to mind. Sylva would be good.

Blairsville GA is getting a dual-standard DCFC (Chademo+CCS) that will deliver 80 kW via CCS adapter, and it's close to lots of eating options, but the installation is taking ****ing forever for some reason. Helen GA is supposed to be getting one too, but also seems to have stalled; anyway when that happens it'll be another good 80 kW lunch stop.

Last edited:
Sites that I see added:

North Augusta, SC
Columbia, SC
Dillon, SC
Charleston, SC
Guin, AL
Chattanooga, TN (I think this is new)

Nothing new in NC which is kind of shocking.

They added some other sites which we already have threads on here for also (e.g. Kennesaw, GA).
FYI, supercharge.info has been enhanced fairly recently that you can just view the changes for a selection of states which could be handy for your listing. Wait ... I gues Find Us would have more on it since supercharge.info has to at least have a permit issued.

Cherokee, NC was pretty high (top 5 or so) on the recent Tesla supercharger owner voting.

Sgcaf3s.jpg

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
It's nice to see the the official Tesla map get updated but you really need to combine that with the supercharge.info together to get the full picture. There are a few sites not listed on the official site but they were found either by permits or by in-progress construction and on the 3rd party site. Also sometimes site disappear (Hickory, NC #2 location) even though they were well underway in the process.

It's good to see SC get some attention, I know they've been pretty light on SuC locations over the years:
1681649310263.png