Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finding it hard to remain passionate about Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we should all try to keep Tesla in perspective. For example, I got my M3 25 months ago. I had waited a full 2.5 years since placing my reservation on the night of the unveil. Delivery was promised in May and then days before delivery it was postponed until "early" July. I was truly beginning to think "cancel". A friend of mine going through the same experience did cancel. Then I got the call. And I got my M3! One of my friends in the local club who had gotten his earlier said I was lucky because I got a better car than if it had it come in May. He was right. The point here is we are the early part of an evolution and a revolution. Tesla is growing at an unheard of rate. They have, in my view, exactly the right philosophy. They evolve continuously. Today's product is better than yesterdays. It has got to be a fantastic effort and there are growing pains. I want to be part of it now and tomorrow. If I have a bad experience, well so what. The next one will likely be a good one. I'm all in.

And bear in mind, this evolution philosophy will make it impossible for traditional manufacturers to keep up. Among other things.