Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.34.3 issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see a 1.35.X thread, so I'll just stick my issue here for now.

I'm seeing the PW locally from the LAN go "offline" for a blocks of hours at a time, AND the App shows it as a straight line or phantom "charging" or grid-draw. This is on self-consumption.

Time to reboot the gateway?
View attachment 415167: between noon to 8PM
View attachment 415166: between 4AM to 8AM

Pretty strange.

They moved me up to 1.36.1 recently. I have not noticed any functional changes.

Pretty strange.

They moved me up to 1.36.1 recently. I have not noticed any functional changes.
I see what is going on now. It was trying to upgrade to 1.37.1 by stopping the Sitemaster, but it was somehow conflicting with my automation.

I just manually logged into the Installer to see the battery was stopped. So I ran through the Installer, found it had an update, did that, and it seems good for now.

A most fascinating read folks. Very educational look at using a PW in places that have Peak and Off Peak rates. My PW-2 is part way through the installation process, awaiting the completion of the upgrade from a 100amp feed to a 200amp feed in.

In British Columbia, we have Tiers instead of Off Peak and Peak for Residential consumers.

Tier One charges the residential customer roughly 0.086c per kW for power consumed to a threshold of roughly 660kW per month (in varies depending on the time of year).

Tier Two charges roughly 0.12c per kW for consumption over the Tier One-Two threshold.

For those of us generating our own electricity with Solar and or Wind and using grid storage via the BC Hydro grid with Net Metering, we used to get paid 0.099c per kW.

But they took that away from us last April, just as I was about to add more panels to my roof to increase the earnings from my Solar PV.

BC Hydro has changed the Net Metering program to limit folks to producing and feeding into the grid no more then 125% of their annual needs.

To add insult to injury to this production restriction...

... BC Hydro also stopped the annual "pay out" for any surplus you generate annually.

They hold the cash excess the Net Metering customer has earned indefinitely and apply it to power bills in winter months when you Solar is not producing or producing very low amounts of electricity.

So Now I going to find out how they will penalize me for adding a Home back up battery to keep me going during Winter power outages.

Food for thought, Cheers, Hugh