TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware: How far behind?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

As I've posted on the forums before it's not unusual for a car to not have the most recent firmware.

But I just noticed I'm 6 updates behind the current (I'm on 2.23.32 while current is 2.36.25).

Just curious but is anyone else here that far behind?

http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1

2. Polyport

Polyport Member

I assume you meant you're on 2.32.23 (the version you list doesn't exist). I'm still on 2.28.19; that's 14 versions behind the latest reported one on ev-fw.com. I'm not too concerned about it.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Thanks for catching the typo. As you suspected I did mean to say my S is on 2.32.23. Just too bad there does not appear to be a way to edit one's posts. (?)

And thanks too for noting you are also behind.

Hopefully we'll both find our cars on 8.0 soon. :)

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I check periodically and also wonder why I am not getting an update that others with my model are getting. Pretty much all these "dot upgrades" are small tweaks. So I don't worry about it. I don't know if Tesla is able to target specific cars for updates for little fixes. It would be pretty slick if they do. I'm on 2.32.23 and have been for some time.

She's driving like a dream. So I expect all is well.

5. Elbie

Elbie Member

Me too. My Model S was delivered on Aug 15 with 2.32.23 and hasn't received an update so far.

6. ElectricTundra

Yes, they target specific cars. Some updates are for specific parts and only cars with those parts get the update.

7. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

I'm also on 2.28.19, the last large rollout, but way behind... hopefully a massive rollout this week for 8.0 !!!

8. outlier

outlier New Member

Still on 2.28.19 here, also. This means we are first in line for 8.0, right? :p

9. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Got curious and checked with the Tesla store in SLC. They confirmed what's been said above that not all updates go to all vehicles and being behind the current release is nothing to worry about.

But I still want 8 now! :)

10. Polyport

Polyport Member

So I woke up to a "New Software Available" notification this morning. Alas, after updating, all I got was "bug fixes" in the form of 2.36.31. Tesla can be such a tease sometimes.