Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firmware not updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you just wait.

If you happen to visit a service center for something else, they will push the latest update.

Otherwise you just wait. Sometimes they come quick, sometimes late, sometimes targeted to particular cars or regions first (e.g. when Model 3s in cold places got the cold weather update first). You can help yourself by making sure your car is connected to wi-fi at home and that the signal is reasonably strong.

If you find yourself falling behind several versions, then it's worth getting in touch with service and making sure there's not something preventing the updates. Typically the warning sign for that is failed updates rather than updates that are never downloaded in the first place.

7A79E28B-08E0-4D46-861F-10E9687671EE.jpeg

Teslafi has version 2019.5.25 !

Stats (above histogram) has measured version 2019.5.14.1 I guess the higher versions of 2019.5.X have more features...

Any comments from the few new users?

View attachment 383651

Teslafi has version 2019.5.25 !

Stats (above histogram) has measured version 2019.5.14.1 I guess the higher versions of 2019.5.X have more features...

Any comments from the few new users?

2019.5.25 appears to be pushed only to European Model 3s. I have 2019.5.4 on my Model 3 and feel they are working on improvements to TeslaCam/Sentry mode. A number of people have suggested ways to better it. I believe I'm seeing issues that are software related and not attributable to the flashdrive. They have been getting feedback on some of the other features in that upgrade as well. Kind of fun to be early on this and a Sentry Mode is something I've been looking forward to for a while but it's also nice to get an update that has been vetted longer for better stability. I have been late to get other updates that others have gotten sooner so guess it's the luck of the draw or where you live or how you've been using your car.