TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware update 2019.28.3.1 is being pushed

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by martinsfsu, Aug 16, 2019.

1. martinsfsu

martinsfsu Member

Here are some of the release notes.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
  2. nimrooz

nimrooz Member

Just installed myself, So, nothing new from previous 2019.28.3, still waiting for V.10:)

• Like x 2
  3. CaryRx

CaryRx Member

Seriously... that is an update? Why bother?

4. nimrooz

nimrooz Member

Because as an FSD buyer, off course I would like to see improvements to everything related to autopilot/FSD.
    And our two kids would love netflix of that's in the update as well.

Why wouldn't I bother/care?

5. Barry

Barry Active Member

What this update really fixes is the never-ending blinking headlights. Tesla with its usual pathetic communication skills.

And I'm still wanting a return to V8.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.32.12.2

I got this last Friday and it fixed my blinking headlights but seems to have broken scheduled charging. Every time that I've plugged in to charge, I've noticed 15 minutes later that my car is charging. I stop charging and the app displays the scheduled charge time, as expected. I'd anyone else seeing this? We installed the update on another S last night but it didn't have the issue. I'm have to watch costly when we plug it in tonight. We'll also be installing the update on a 3 tonight...

7. PMeester

PMeester Member

Just installed 28.3.1, coming from 28.2. Nothing new from a release note perspective. However, for me there are some improvements on the AP and TACC front.
    • on NOA, when the car takes an exit, it used to almost steer into the guardrail (we have them close to the road). Now it takes the exit more smoothly.
    • On the highway, driving tight loops has become much smoother. (Can be a European ting only, caused by the stricter rules)
    This one worked in 28.2 already, but I have not seen anyone mention it:
    • Say you are driving in the middle lane of three lanes, following a car while in TACC. A car passes between you and the car ahead from the faster lane to the slower lane, and never fully stops in your lane. TACC used to break hard for that car, now it can just pass through without any breaking. TACC seems to see that the car is just passing through. Remarkable.
    I see a lot of subtle improvements. To me it looks a hell of a job, getting the car to understand all situations.

8. CaryRx

CaryRx Member

I don't think I've ever noticed my headlights blinking... I'll have to keep an eye out for that scheduled charging glitch people have talked about.

9. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Is the USB media player folder view sorting by song title again instead of filename?

10. lestager

lestager Member

Still waiting for a fix when I pull into my Garage and the Wipers turn on lol. sigh

11. vanzandtj

vanzandtj Member

The release notes mention playback volume. I've been annoyed by a big shift in volume between an audiobook on my smartphone and the FM radio. I hope they've fixed that.

12. lepkirk

lepkirk New Member

Another fix not mentioned above...

A week ago I stopped at a supercharger and the car wouldn't charge. The screen just stopped at "Ready to charge". I tried different stalls and a different provider (Ecotricity). Nothing worked. I rang roadside assistance, they restarted the car. Still couldn't charge. They said it's a known issue and the new firmware (2019.28.3) would fix it, which it did. (Model 3, UK)

13. Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA Member

I've lost cellular since 2019.28 (now on .28.3.1) … celluar will come back some times, but then disconnect and not reconnect. Mobile service says it will be fixed in a "future update" … very frustrating as I cannot monitor charge of my vehicle at work or super charging or get traffic / streaming to work (unless I tether wifi to my phone!)

14. conman

conman Active Member

Annoyingly, climate profiles in this seem to be tied to the easy entry profile. That means that if you turn climate on remotely, then when you get into the car it all changes to your driving profile one. I keep getting lower temperature and seat heaters turned off, reflecting the last setting I had when I got out of the car instead of it using what I set remotely on my app.