Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update Rollout Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone Determined how why some cars recieved firmware updates before others?

I see the majority of everyone recieved this last update 2.50.180 on 12/23.

My p100d just recieved this update today 7 days later? I got excited thinking it was the autopilot update!

I do leave it connected to wifi while at home.

I don't even understand why there is a rollout "order". Why don't they just release the software update and have the car owner initialize it like you would an iOS update?

My particular cars seems to get them quick though. I've had the car since just last Friday and I already had one download available at pick up, it was 2.50.178 (which according to www.ev-fw.com only 2 other people registered there got that update) and then I got 2.50.180 a day later on 12/24/16.

I don't even understand why there is a rollout "order". Why don't they just release the software update and have the car owner initialize it like you would an iOS update?

My particular cars seems to get them quick though. I've had the car since just last Friday and I already had one download available at pick up, it was 2.50.178 (which according to www.ev-fw.com only 2 other people registered there got that update) and then I got 2.50.180 a day later on 12/24/16.
Because, as has been discussed here in hundreds of posts over the past 4 years, Tesla doesn't want a significant bug to affect tens of thousands of cars. Critical safety updates have rolled out to everyone over two days. Less critical updates can take more time to be certain they don't cause unexpected problems for a large portion of the fleet. Also many builds are only for specific configurations. Not every car gets or needs every build.

Has anyone Determined how why some cars recieved firmware updates before others?

I see the majority of everyone recieved this last update 2.50.180 on 12/23.

My p100d just recieved this update today 7 days later? I got excited thinking it was the autopilot update!

I do leave it connected to wifi while at home.

Your right, if AP2 has any major bugs in dont want Tesla finding out with me!

This may be a record!

The OP went from "Where's my update? I want my update." to "To hell with my update. Let 'em test on someone else's car." with only five posts and less than four hours in between! :)