Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a little clarity on the "software version" that my Tesla came with. I just received a 2016 90D. Love the car btw. Attached is the "Version" that is showing up on my app. Is this current? If not, is it worth getting it updated?

I also thought software updates came via the LTE interface. One person did tell me though that certain updates have to be done at the dealer (could be bad info).

My car was manufactured in March of 2016. So the other thing I am getting a feeling is that, the older cars won't get any updates because their hardware is now out of date....especially the cameras.

Any clarity on this would be appreciated...

Dave

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_b060.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_b060.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 85
Hi, 2018.50.6 is the current version that is widely released for AP1 cars.
If you check teslafi firmware tracker you will see that 83% of AP1 cars have that version installed.
Less than 10% has newer sw version than you.

Generally the only thing you can do that will get you updates quicker is connect your car to a Wifi network.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
See ev-fw.com or TeslaFi.com for more detailed info. The T at the top of the car’s main screen will also tell you the firmware but the app has the same info as you’ve seen.

The AP 1 cars (before Late 2016) are behind in updates so you definitely aren’t out of date. Cars not on wifi will be slower to get updates as Tesla prioritizes WiFi. Map updates need to be on WiFi because of size and nothing needs to be done at a service center unless there’s a problem.

Hope that helps!

My car was manufactured in March of 2016. Does anyone know if I will get that new "Dog Mode"? Also, I have read about sentry mode, would my car have the hardware to support that? There was a anti-theft product in the Tesla store as well. Although I don't think that is the one.

Reactions: Minecon_CA
Sentry mode is currently only on cars with AP2 hardware or newer (Cars manufactured from 2016.10.19)
Sentry mode is currently only able to store video on AP2.5 hardware or newer (Cars manufactured from Aug 2017)

I belive all cars will get Dog mode once you get sw version 2019.8.x or newer.