Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Autocross in the Performance....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found 36-37 psi was great on my re-71r at my last event. I was also running 2.5 degrees negative camber (MPP fuca, #noshimparty). It felt like cheating the car was sticking so well. I ended up turning in too aggressively for a while expecting more push.

@SK360 are you getting gps data from the Tesla track mode, third party gps logger it's your GoPro? I have played with racerender now, but need to figure out a better gps method.

I found 36-37 psi was great on my re-71r at my last event. I was also running 2.5 degrees negative camber (MPP fuca, #noshimparty). It felt like cheating the car was sticking so well. I ended up turning in too aggressively for a while expecting more push.

@SK360 are you getting gps data from the Tesla track mode, third party gps logger it's your GoPro? I have played with racerender now, but need to figure out a better gps method.

GPS from track mode. It's 18hz so better than most third party loggers

Heres a video from this past Sunday. I was 11/87 in raw and 4th in class bested by an Alfa 4C and a 2 driver 2019 GT3, I beat my buddies 17 R8 V10

33psi hot is where I ran my best times. When I didn't check pressures and ended up around 36psi due to heat the car pushed pretty hard, dropped back to 33 and set my best time in this video. Tires took a beating from the high grip lot, I need camber bad.

Reactions: SlimJim
I was using the track addict app for onsite video overlays, so think I need the external gps for onsite. I can then create better videos with race render at home (although the track mode videos won't sync) so have used the track addict videos. Are you able to share your race render template?

I was using the track addict app for onsite video overlays, so think I need the external gps for onsite. I can then create better videos with race render at home (although the track mode videos won't sync) so have used the track addict videos. Are you able to share your race render template?

Yeah I have a few meetings then I'll grab my macbook and post the template. It's insanely easy to sync if you have a gopro angle that shows the speedo... since the data is coming from the same sources I pause the video on launch at like 5mph and sync the data to that speed in RaceRender and tweak in small increments from there. As you can see from the gforce circle on the video and on the screen it's perfect.

I would love to have some kind of Solostorm or other analysis tool integration soon... maybe on screen in Track Mode V3?

Here's the template file.

TeslaCam.rrt

After adding your inputs make sure these settings are checked
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.51.32 PM.png

And then after that click your data in the inputs list and go to configure, Set session time to Elapsed Time and then change Time Units Per Second to 1000 since the Tesla records time in ms and RaceRender expects seconds
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 12.52.09 PM.png

cool! thanks..that's easy!
...still a horrible first run lol. no more Off-roading unless I do a 3 rally cross!

..to the below comment , exactly. I like being able to see my screen in the cam to match it up. roof mounted is probably harder to sync...will need to try soon

also this helps so you can see that I left foot brake a little (not really much on this run though. more on the below), have for 5 years or so in the S and continue to do it in the 3 since it still works. The P85Ds etc w/ the electric brake booster didn't allow it. P85 it definitely seemed to helped on occasion to get the front to stick and back to rotate

Last edited:

cool! thanks..that's easy!
...still a horrible first run lol. no more Off-roading unless I do a 3 rally cross!

lol, awesome! Yeah I mean it's not the prettiest thing but I threw that together pretty quick and it's functional so if anybody comes up with something better feel free to share! I was thinking about adding a steering wheel indicator but I felt it redundant when my videos you can see my wheel, same reason I didn't add a speed display... can see the screen easily.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
In talking to a friend that works for bridgestone and happens to autox a Model 3 Performance, showing him pics of my tires from last event he suggested going to 33 hot. I was around 38 hot last time. I ran 33 hot yesterday and the car felt amazing.

What kind of surface at 33psi? That seems realllllly low - At 37.5 I was getting pretty close to the little arrow on the side wall and that was with the course still damp in a few spots. I was running at Grissom Air Force Base, which is a pretty high-grip concrete.

What kind of surface at 33psi? That seems realllllly low - At 37.5 I was getting pretty close to the little arrow on the side wall and that was with the course still damp in a few spots. I was running at Grissom Air Force Base, which is a pretty high-grip concrete.

lol my first event was on fresh “competition” asphalt and 38 was way too high. Last Sunday was on a pretty high grip lot, judging by my sidewalls thinking 33 was a little low for it but the car def felt best vs the runs I had at 36

F97224BE-90A5-4851-A63C-ACE96A87B70B.jpeg