Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Car Wash of Brand New M3 (Covered in Micro-Scratches)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite swirl remover is poorboys swirl remover ssr1.

If you want a temporary solution, Poorboys also makes a great glaze called Black Hole. It basically fills the swirls temporarily. You can make it last longer by applying a wax over it. The glaze will eventually come off, so it is not a permanent solution like a paint correction. But if the swirls are driving you crazy and you want to do something before you can have a paint correction done, it is a good option.

Here is a before and after example:

Poorboys-BlackHole-Example.jpg

Car washing is an interesting topic where so many people do different things. The manual says to only do Touchless car washes. Some people use hand wash car washes, some even auto car washes... some only wash it themselves with no rinse onr techniques. It's one of those things I know I never thought about before. You can try a product to help with it and it might help but the only real way is to get it paint corrected. To stop more scratches do touchless or rinseless onr.

Car wash with brushes? Nevermind - read again - you said hand wash. Which one, I also live in Austin. I wash at home. Solid black and still good shape after lots of washes.

I think part of the Tesla soft paint issue is that car gets from the paint shop to the buyer pretty quick, so less time to harden.

Car wash with brushes? Nevermind - read again - you said hand wash. Which one, I also live in Austin. I wash at home. Solid black and still good shape after lots of washes.

I think part of the Tesla soft paint issue is that car gets from the paint shop to the buyer pretty quick, so less time to harden.

In all fairness that scratch does look like it was dried with a brush