Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Cold after storm day, frozen window from a snow flurry, disabled suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a BMW 3er cabrio with frameless windows, how is that any different than Tesla? You stated the car was built with CA in mind only, yet offers traction control, AWD, cold weather features and sells great all over the country, regardless of climate. Secondly, Norway has winters that on average are worse that what the US sees, and yet Tesla was the best-selling brand despite that:

Tesla becomes best-selling brand in Norway, pushing electric car market share to almost 50% - Electrek

I'm not the one saying the frameless window is the problem. Lots of cars have frameless windows. Not many require you to open the window to open the door.

Norway is where Bjørn Nyland posts from. He has made many videos of problems his Teslas have in the winter.

Reactions: mswlogo
oh, one more thing do you precondition regularly? To me that’s cheating a bit.

Yes, when I can, but not always.

There have been instances where my doors have been frozen shut (needing the ice breaker) with ice build up, but the window rolled down fine.

Also note that my gummi pfledge is on the rubber seals on top and side, not the felt. Although I am sure some residue builds up on the felt.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo
Yes, when I can, but not always.

There have been instances where my doors have been frozen shut (needing the ice breaker) with ice build up, but the window rolled down fine.

Also note that my gummi pfledge is on the rubber seals on top and side, not the felt. Although I am sure some residue builds up on the felt.

You mean gummi pflege residue builds up on felt? I doubt it could be much because most surfaces you are treating would hit the inside of the glass and the felt is on the outside.

I wonder if over time the felt gets hammered/worn flat (especially the contact points with glass) and has less tendency to hold moisture.