Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Cybertruck from GigaTexas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is earlier than I thought... There is a decent chance like 10 real customers will get a Cybertruck on December 31 of this year.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 8.30.11 PM.png

That’s a joke right? Right??
Absolutely not. I had some Tesla stock and was adding more every week. Took delivery of my first one back in May (MYP). The night we took delivery, I put about 80-90% of our retirement in Tesla. Bought some calls and shares. Decided that when the cybertruck came out. I would replace my 🦕 with the cybertruck and told my wife. I will order one when the stock hits $300. I might be a few days early, maybe a few weeks early but we are close, so why not?

Attachments

• IMG_4688.jpeg
    IMG_4688.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 155
Absolutely not. I had some Tesla stock and was adding more every week. Took delivery of my first one back in May (MYP). The night we took delivery, I put about 80-90% of our retirement in Tesla. Bought some calls and shares. Decided that when the cybertruck came out. I would replace my 🦕 with the cybertruck and told my wife. I will order one when the stock hits $300. I might be a few days early, maybe a few weeks early but we are close, so why not?
80-90% of your retirement in one stock?

Hoooboy, WSB is leaking.

Tesla says maybe 2000 cybertrucks may ship this year. Not sure I believe it, but 2024 looks like there is a good chance real shipments will actually get going by Q2.
Tesla has not put any quantity on shipments this year outside of Elon saying "It will be a very very slow ramp" and "Mass production starts in 2024". Those estimates come from others.

Reactions: zombiefysicist
Fords pricing not being enough to match beat the markets perception of the CT trim levels and prices

Farzad expands on this

As the MachE could not keep up with the MY
Market perception, moved MY to #1

And the F-150 is above the MY….. unless you expect the Cybertruck to outsell the MY?

Fords bread and butter isnt EV’s

What is Ford worried about again?

I don’t think CT will ever outsell the MY
MY has more global appeal
USA, Australia and other love pickups, not really India, EU, etc

As Farzad says, Ford maybe worried about CTs pricing disrupts Ford pickup shoppers

Think fords move was smart. eliminate any confusion for Ford buyers

I don’t think CT will ever outsell the MY
MY has more global appeal
USA, Australia and other love pickups, not really India, EU, etc

As Farzad says, Ford maybe worried about CTs pricing disrupts Ford pickup shoppers

Think fords move was smart. eliminate any confusion for Ford buyers

Unless the CT can sell at the low $30s sometimes high $20s and sell fleet trucks….. it’s not going to happen

As far as EV Trucks, again, you have Tesla owners like myself who prefer the traditional functional truck.

It’s a friendly here
I am different from you, not a traditional pickup or truck buyer
I’ve had landcruisers and wranglers for 30 years
Now very curious about the CT
Like I did for my Ts, research, multiple demo drives, talk to owners, and then made the jump
It will be a while for me watching and experiencing the CT before I make or not make the decision

Every new market Elon enters, he disrupts
It’s fascinating

Reactions: EVCollies
Tesla has not put any quantity on shipments this year outside of Elon saying "It will be a very very slow ramp" and "Mass production starts in 2024". Those estimates come from others.
Deutsche Bank analyst Emmanuel Rosner expects Tesla to deliver 2,000 Cybertrucks this year, a fraction of the 1.78 million vehicles he’s projecting in total. In a June 26 report, he questioned whether the product will boost the company’s profitability, citing the difficulty of optimizing production and need for larger battery packs to enable towing.”

That second article that I posted way up top, I got the 2000 number from the analyst in the above quote. Who knows where they got it from. I do believe that Elon will ship at least 10 CTs to 10 real owners by January 31 just so he could say that he technically shipped the cyber truck in 2023.

Reactions: EVCollies