Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First experiences with our Model S (Dadaleus' story)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think you could measure what this company is asking for in the link to see what size front bracket might work for the license plate?
Skene Design License Plate Mount

Did you end up installing a front license plate bracket from Tesla and if so, do you like the look? Also wondering if it only drills through plastic.

I told them not to mount the Tesla bracket. I was actually looking at the Skene myself. I may not get a chance to measure until Sunday but I'll see what I can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Re Sunday, when I answered last night I wasn't thinking about the fact that my sister is flying in this weekend to visit. So let me make this tentative for the moment until I find out if she's going to want to do something Sunday afternoon. Assuming it's okay, I'll probably just bring the car by for 30min or so, and leave it to all of you if you want to hang longer (maybe ggr will have his and maybe some Roadsters will join?).

I'll definitely update here since this is the only place it's been discussed.

BTW, I just looked and Claire's closes at 3:00. So if you all want to get together for lunch or something you should think about doing it first, or suggest a different location (I'm fine with anywhere nearby). There's Pizza Port across from the train station for example.

dadaleus--Does your car have the little cubby shelf under the 17" screen which they said would now be standard?

Nope.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347551889.238866.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347551889.238866.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,030
Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention on the down sides: Cupholders. They didn't change this so it's still just the two in the center. And the big surprise is how problematic even those two are. Our Starbucks paper cups wanted to pop up and out of them because they grasp so tightly. And they are so close together that two Starbucks cups actually push against each other at the top forcing them to lean out to the sides. And no where for the kids to put cups in the back at all--so no drinks were allowed on this trip except bottles of water. I'm really hoping for some solutions with opportunity consoles.

ugh that sucks. I take my son to taekwondo and sometimes we have bottled water and sometimes just a plastic cup from home. I actually notice how many time we use the rear seat cup holders now that I'm preparing myself for not having any in the Model S.

Oh well.

Thank you so much for posting your detailed, real-life user review!

ugh that sucks. I take my son to taekwondo and sometimes we have bottled water and sometimes just a plastic cup from home. I actually notice how many time we use the rear seat cup holders now that I'm preparing myself for not having any in the Model S.

Oh well.

Thank you so much for posting your detailed, real-life user review!

Okay, well, I was thinking I needed to post an update on this actually. I'm finding the cupholders not as bad as I originally thought. You have to really push down to make sure the cup goes all the way in, but then it really grips it. I've put in Large Carl's Jr cups, my Nissan coffee travel mugs, and water bottles with no problem. I suspect I just didn't push the Starbucks cups in all the way but I'll have to try. They are really close together though so if you cup flares out at the top you can have issues with the two cups rubbing against each other.

I am still looking forward to opportunity consoles, especially in the back. I find the center open space pretty useful though other than that it doesn't look great having all my stuff out. I'd love to hide my phone and stuff in a space with the cables and USB ports inside and out of view.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested in the meetup, too. If Sunday @2:30 is a go, I'll probably be able to make it.

We're on! I'm not planning on spending all afternoon but I will be there at least from 2:30-3:00 with the S and will be happy to give people the tour. Not sure that's much more than anyone has already seen at the stores and Amp'd events, but happy to do it and would be great to meet you all. My only request (which I think people on here would know but better to say it): I'm pretty touchy about the paint. So I'd really appreciate no touching, leaning, rubbing fingers to feel the paint armor, etc... on the paint. You can touch the inside and the handles all you want.

See whoever wants then. If someone wants to suggest an alternate spot or organize a pre-lunch, please go for it! And if you want to turn this into an actual meet, feel free to publicize but I don't really have the bandwidth. Also, if any other Tesla owners are brining their cars, be sure to let everyone know as that would probably be of interest.

I'd love to come if I wasn't currently 30 minutes from the Oregon Border. It sure is pretty here though! 5 miles of brand new curvy highway through the redwoods if anyone cares to drive it. DN 101 PM 15-20 - fresh and clean (currently fixing 12-15 ,a little more windy and on the ocean cliffs)

can't wait to get my S for all of these playful roads up here