Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model S to get a custom color after delivery?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
First Model S to get a custom color in General Production!

Quoting from an off-topic thread that may not be getting enough eyeballs - is TMC member Laurent the first one to get a custom color after taking delivery from Tesla?

Laurent, what's with the "Blue S" title and avatar?

image.jpg

Did you repaint your Sig Red??! That's a beautiful shade of blue!!! A full pic will be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Well, since there's no blue in production, he'd still have had to get a new one painted... Unless he plans on buying a blue one when production starts on Ps? Even then, its a different hue of blue...

Ok, so I want more information. You have another Model S on order? that will arrive in a month or so? and it will be custom painted?

I really like the look. I almost bought an A3 that was a very similar color.

EDIT: I think that is awesome!

I have no doubt there are custom colored Model S' out there already. Collectors would buy the Roadster and just have it delivered directly to their paint shop. One I know of shipped in primer and was painted Lambo pearl yellow.

Interesting that Laurent got a custom color order in for General Production - he presumably finalized in July well after all the Sigs were locked in and after only a handful of Sigs were allowed custom colors.

Laurent, mind sharing what it took - cash ($12k?), connections, wine-and-dine for Elon/GeorgeB :tongue: - for you to twist Tesla's arm to get a custom color GP order in?! ;) Or, are you subject to a gag order from T?!

:scared::love::scared::love::scared::love::scared::love::scared::love:

Fantastic. THAT is the color I would have chosen if Tesla had offered it.

Question: your tail lights seem different. They are red all around, rather than the clear that seems to be used on my car. How did that happen?

Holy cow, I seriously can't wait to see that. I was considering taking my car to a vinyl shop to do a similar blue.

Be very careful doing a vinyl wrap job unless no color is involved. I went to turn my Black S into a Red one.
Stopped half way. Vinyl may be ok with black, white and silver but introduce a color and, vinyl is not 100% opaque and some color bleeds through.
The film looked red until it went on the car.
I am also told repainting the car is about $15k and devalues the car.
Also, by Chicago SC that Sig Red is actually a Gold car then clearcoated with a red pigment. Odd?