Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
re:USB

Well, went for a drive and it started scanning my SSD again. I turned on streaming when I saw that, but just as I was pulling into the parking lot at my destination ~15 min later the music changed to what had been playing off the USB previously. However, the display still showed the current streaming album/song etc. along with the time moving based on the streaming song, not what was actually coming out of the speakers.

//TB

I got the notification"your update failed" . I am not sure what it means.
In the past, my failed update meant that one of the door sensors had a bad connection that SC needed to fix. There is apparently a much more robust diagnostic run as part of the update process. Advice from tech support was to wait for a fresh download, but if the second try fails too, get a service visit.

I got the notice and applied the update. After about 45 minutes I got a notice saying it failed. This is what I have now:

View attachment 197893
Well that's interesting. I'm guessing some things applied, and some things didn't. As long as you don't have the "update is required" on either the IC or MCU, you're probably okay to drive it. But yeah, I'd call Tesla and ask if they can check the logs and/or push it to you again immediately.

Notice on my phone at 1615 EST but I’m going to wait; more nag and worse USB just doesn’t sound appealing. Friends who have had to get out of the way of the single-press close-all-doors think the faster doors is not a good thing.

Just got V8, the headlights are keep on turning on and the car is keep on unlocking. The update is done so not sure why this is happening
Dangit, you beat me! I have probably 15 minutes left on the install. Going to the neighbor's wifi totally worked! I left it there for half hour, then ran an errand, and on my way back home I got the alarm clock.

Reactions: Gwgan
How can I check the status of my update? I started it about an hour ago. all the screens are black so I can't tell when it'll be done.
if you open any door and the screen does not come on, it is still working.
I was able to open all doors and hatch during the update without issue, but the screen would not respond.

When update was done, the screen came up with the release notes...

Searching of USB does work. Both Top category and specific categories. And it did resume on USB after returning after it reloaded the whole stick. Took about 30s for my 128GB stick with ~5000 songs (all FLAC). I'm soooooooooooo happy. It'd be nice if it didn't have to reload, but it's not too bad for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 87