Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First public Tesla charging station in Woodland, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yeah... maybe not the first...

My Visit to Tesla Motors « The Auto Upkeep Blog
As I drive back to the Sacramento County Airport to catch my flight home to Missouri I see an exit for an “Electric Vehicle Charging Station”. Out of curiosity I wondered if Tesla had a plug here. As I exit I-80 to the city of Dixon, I follow the signs to the station. What a wonderful place to put a charging station – right off the interstate. From the entrance to the parking lot I could see a variety of restaurants – IHOP, Subway, Arbys, McDonalds, Baskin Robbins, Starbucks Coffee, Taco Bell, Quiznos, Denny’s, Burger King – along with many other places to shop and dine within a short walk. While the cars are recharging the drivers and passengers can get a bite to eat or do some shopping. The charging station did have a Tesla (208-240 Volt 72 Amp) plug!
dixonteslacharge-129x300.jpg

Between Wednesday and Friday of last week, three of these Tesla installed in this area. The Woodland one remains the first to be operable, however - it was charging Roadsters two weeks ago. The new one in Davis (I have pictures, just no time to put them up!) is installed, but not powered yet. So we've decided not to order another cake just yet. ;)

Sorry for the pedantry: Correction ... ( I think I've seen someone else elsewhere make the same mis-interpretation) ...
The total number of Tesla Roadsters in attendance at the end was seven (not "seven Roadsters (for the event, two more showed up late!)"). Five originally, including 2 provided by Tesla Motors reps (Validation Prototypes -- GlacierBlue + ElectricBue), plus three owners (RadiantRed+RadiantRed+TwilightBlue). Two more owners showed up later (ArcticWhite+SignatureGreen), making the total seven, including the two VPs.

edit: P.S.: We need to spread these HPCs around! What's so special about Dixon/Davis/Woodland ?? :)