Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A)
2howaif.jpg

B)
2rop0nk.jpg

tesla costa mesa 'fixed' trim A (after 2 weeks in the SC) and left me with trim B after adjusting the door. which design would you rather have on your own model X?

which design would you rather have on your own model X?

Was the door rubbing against the car in A? I actually think B might look better to me, because although the chrome and door doesn't fully line up with the passenger door, the chrome is even and straight for the part it's attached to. Might be cleaner on the eye. I think it depends which bothers you more. I think A might bother me more.

Goodness gracious. That requires a new fob for sure. It looks like it is 10 years old.

Given choice between A and B I'd begrudgingly choose B, only because it looks like the trim.is correctly aligned on the door, and the doors aren't aligned. "A" looks weird on too many levels.

Goodness gracious. That requires a new fob for sure. It looks like it is 10 years old.

Given choice between A and B I'd begrudgingly choose B, only because it looks like the trim.is correctly aligned on the door, and the doors aren't aligned. "A" looks weird on too many levels.

Pic B the painted (blue) parts are not aligned ...in (A) they are aligned ..that’s why I voted A

The following quote says a lot about how remarkably game-changing Tesla is:
I'm definitely not sure that the tesla can become a long term, stable and reliable vehicle. I'm hoping it can, but it's really hard to say. I want to drive it into the ground, but I need to see if it passes the test of time. California seems terrible for their service centers, as far as your line and waiting how long it takes to get things serviced. It seems like tesla isn't ready for the masses. I think my local SC is getting worse as well. I'll be PISSED if I don't get a tesla loaner though, at any point in time. We'll see how it goes. I feel your pain. I know a lot of people locally (at least with a model S) that have had their cars and had no issues. I don't know if the X is significantly worse.
Basically, when I take my car in for service, I better get the same car as a loaner or I won't be happy. Even with all the issues, we'd still prefer to drive a Tesla. How many other auto-makers hear that? And yeah, I feel the same way.

When Tesla reduces these build issues to less than 1% of deliveries, they're going to be in a very good position.

The following quote says a lot about how remarkably game-changing Tesla is:

Basically, when I take my car in for service, I better get the same car as a loaner or I won't be happy. Even with all the issues, we'd still prefer to drive a Tesla. How many other auto-makers hear that? And yeah, I feel the same way.

When Tesla reduces these build issues to less than 1% of deliveries, they're going to be in a very good position.
Well to be fair, I've always requested like for like in all of my vehicles when they go in for service. If they don't all but guarantee me a loaner before I buy a car, that dealer is off the list.

It's true that I did only want a loaner Tesla for mine, but I would have also asked the same if it was BMW, lexus, audi, etc.

A long time ago when I had an acura, they ran out of loaners and put me in some enterprise car that was way worse. Needless to say I was not happy, and I made sure it would never happen again.

Reactions: P85_DA
Well to be fair, I've always requested like for like in all of my vehicles when they go in for service. If they don't all but guarantee me a loaner before I buy a car, that dealer is off the list.

It's true that I did only want a loaner Tesla for mine, but I would have also asked the same if it was BMW, lexus, audi, etc.

A long time ago when I had an acura, they ran out of loaners and put me in some enterprise car that was way worse. Needless to say I was not happy, and I made sure it would never happen again.
I guess I projected my desires/experiences on to your earlier post. I really don't like driving ICE cars anymore and thought the same was the case with you. My bad. :rolleyes:

Tesla provides Tesla loaners when ever possible. When they are all out, then they go to Enterprise fleet. Sometimes get super premium versions.

For me, just geting a set of wheels is all I need to get me home or work. While spoiled by my Tesla, I can adapt pretty easily to an ICE loaner. Do not feel a sense of entitlement when dropping off Tesla for service.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA