Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Tire Rotation Appointment at 9500 miles. No Rotation Necessary.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just finished a 6k mile road trip. I picked up my refreshed 70D at the end of May so I'm really racking up the miles quickly. I also have a 115 mile daily commute.

By the time I got my car to the service center, which is about 3 hours from where I live, I had about 9500 miles. I figured I would be scolded by the tech since you are supposed to do it every 5k-6k miles.

Amazingly, the tech told me that the tread was perfectly even on all of my tires and they didn't need to be rotated. So they didn't do it.

I did have them go ahead and do another alignment since my car barely pulled to the left during my road trip. Other than that, I had them check out an annoying rattle I had recorded a video of. Zero issues with the car otherwise.

Reactions: chillaban
I have a RWD 85. I went in for a rotation at 5,000 miles, they did it, no comment. I don't know if it needed it or if they just did it regardless. Went in again at 10,000 miles and they said, nope, they're all the same, skip it. Went in for annual service at 12,500 miles, they said tires still look good, and don't even bother with rotations until the next annual service.

I'd expect the AWD cars to wear pretty evenly, but I was surprised that mine was doing so well. I'd have thought the rears would go much faster, since they suffer all acceleration and all regen braking.

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
I have an 85D. I'm a year in and at 49,300 miles with the original Michelin Primacy set - I've rotated them three times and wear is still smooth on all four. Probably have another 5-10k miles left on them. Note that 80% of my driving is highway driving.

Reactions: markn455
6K miles first service, they rotated the tires. I asked if for "D" rotations aren't as necessary, and techs told me that the fronts wear out more regardless because they take on more rolling/braking resistance. ... I FEEL .. Tesla is getting experience on Ds, and rotating the newer ones just to be safe. But as they are gaining experience, they are just skipping rotation since it may not need it as often.