Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read on here about where/how/when to rotate tires, I have a different question....I just got my 2020 Model Y, from Tesla, 1 month ago. It has 42,000 miles and the tire tread depth is good and seems even. Can I assume that Tesla rotated the tires before I got it? If not, how can I tell when I should start doing the rotations? The tires appear to be pretty new but I don't know for sure. Thanks for any input.

I have read on here about where/how/when to rotate tires, I have a different question....I just got my 2020 Model Y, from Tesla, 1 month ago. It has 42,000 miles and the tire tread depth is good and seems even. Can I assume that Tesla rotated the tires before I got it? If not, how can I tell when I should start doing the rotations? The tires appear to be pretty new but I don't know for sure. Thanks for any input.
You can use a tire guage on the three groves of each tire. I did this on my Feb 2022 MSLR at 13,000 miles on the tires. Fronts all even at 6.5 32nds. Rear varied from 5.5 on outside to 6.0 inside. The rear unevenness says tires are slightly bowlegged. Bowlegged equally so I will not rotate. I can only rotated side to side.

Found this:

IMG_1069.jpeg

have a different question....I just got my 2020 Model Y, from Tesla, 1 month ago. It has 42,000 miles and the tire tread depth

But you have no idea how many miles are on the tires. You should rotate your tires in accordance with the tire manufacturer’s recommendations. This is typically a cross rotation done about every 6-7.5K miles. This ensures even wear. Discount tire does this for free so there is little reason not to regularly rotation your tires. I do mine every 5K as it makes it easy to remember when to do it; for me it on 5s e.g. 5K, 10K, 15K etc. - there is no harm in doing it more often.

As to when to start, since Discount Tire is free there is no need to wait.

Years ago I never rotated the tires on my vehicles, didn't care and it wasn't a big deal because there was never abnormal wear. Now, I rotate my tires regularly because I want to get my moneys worth out of them, well and tires are lot more expense now.

But you have no idea how many miles are on the tires. You should rotate your tires in accordance with the tire manufacturer’s recommendations. This is typically a cross rotation done about every 6-7.5K miles. This ensures even wear. Discount tire does this for free so there is little reason not to regularly rotation your tires. I do mine every 5K as it makes it easy to remember when to do it; for me it on 5s e.g. 5K, 10K, 15K etc. - there is no harm in doing it more often.

As to when to start, since Discount Tire is free there is no need to wait.
Does discount tire do tire rotations for free if you have not bought tires from them before? I am still on my stock tires but I have about 10.5K miles on my car.

Reactions: Discount Tire
Does discount tire do tire rotations for free if you have not bought tires from them before? I am still on my stock tires but I have about 10.5K miles on my car.
Almost all of them do, they want to earn your business when it is time to replace tires. If this is your first rotation it is also a good idea to get the tires balanced. They will charge you for that, but then future balancing is free!