Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First winter. Wh/mi ouch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?

Not an issue I have ever experienced or heard recounted.
I imagine that IF you have a stone chip then a really cold day when you put on max defrost may well be the moment that it turns into a crack due to the additional thermal stress. Would have happened eventually anyway but people may blame the defrost?

I had the opposite issue. Mine cracked after being parked in the Sun on an unusually hot day in April. Turns out there was a stone chip up at the top on the black bit where you don't see it. Might have been there for ages for all I know and just triggered by the heat.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Really?

Not an issue I have ever experienced or heard recounted.
I think it was a joke referring to this post:

I assume this was just an excuse for a humble brag

I appreciate the "humble", thanks, I wasn't expecting that bit :)

Thought it was a “Pass Ha”

:cool: Indeed. But that half does behave that well.

The original part isn't bad, but Passive Haus doesn't work well for large houses 'coz the waste heat from cooking etc. and the two codgers rolling around in it has to be spread over too large a volume. In practical terms our Pass Ha is where we live in winter (up and down), so it gets all the benefit of the waste heat, and we the benefit of the insulation, and the old part of the house just trogs along. My mates with large houses are envious of both the comfort we have, and our small heating bill. Nothing stopping them doing it too of course ... but they are still using their Range Rovers for the school run, and aren't going to install PV until the government pays them to do it ... and so on.

but they are still using their Range Rovers for the school run, and aren't going to install PV until the government pays them to do it ... and so on.
The joys of having time at hand to take the grandchildren to school hey? Goes to show how much common sense there is but hopefully they have a backup for the range rovers unless their are of a certain comunity but then again they would need a fixed address for government help 🤣

I pay £160 a month mainly for heating at the and and under £100 running 4 EV's and house at the moment but no interest rates whatsoever and have a low paid job (actually haven't had one (that pays me) for the last two months) .... swings and roundabouts :cool:

Back to you 🤷‍♂️😝