Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Panamera looks like crap though, not from the front, but the rear end is just plain horrible. I'll give Fisker that, it at least looks pretty decent from all angles, I'll even concede the front on the Karma has grown on me ;-)
Apart from that, the Karma is definately too expensive. Interesting to see if it does sell as Fisker obviously thinks it will.

Cobos

If there is enough demand at that price, then that's just good business.
There is a reason why every car company has a base model with price heavy extras that can equal up to 50% of its base price. Fisker is bucking the trend and hopefully that works for them in the same way Tesla bucked the dealership trend.

The Panamera gets about 24 mpg on the highway and (IIRC) I think we figured that the Karma would get about 25 mpg after it's Stealth Mode is depleted. So on a long trip, they get similar fuel economy as well.
I'm waiting to see what the panamera hybrid will do for mpg. If it does anywhere near 30 then that's stiff competition and the panamera hybrid is the same price as the Karma. This needs to be reiterated, that the Karma cannot achieve its peak performance without the ICE. So it's less of a matter of when Stealth runs out, and more of when the driver decides he wants to punch it or aggressively driving style.

The Panamera looks like crap though, not from the front, but the rear end is just plain horrible. I'll give Fisker that, it at least looks pretty decent from all angles, I'll even concede the front on the Karma has grown on me ;-)
Apart from that, the Karma is definately too expensive. Interesting to see if it does sell as Fisker obviously thinks it will.
I've never thought Porches in general looked that amazing (they remind me of frogs). I can't argue on the rear end of panamera. I want to see how Fisker Karma sells, hopefully well!

This needs to be reiterated, that the Karma cannot achieve its peak performance without the ICE. So it's less of a matter of when Stealth runs out, and more of when the driver decides he wants to punch it or aggressively driving style.
It think it's also the case that the Karma cannot achieve its peak performance with a depleted battery.

One can always ask what will they do with all that money since they don't seem to be delivering cars :)
Seriously though considering all the delays I'll eat my stetson hat if Fisker actually delivers any Nina car to a customer within 2012 and I'd almost dare say 2013 as well. [Thankfully I don't actually have a stetson hat so I should be safe :-D]

Cobos

Just cancelled my Fisker order. Let's see if my money gets returned...
As much as I felt that the Fisker experience was shrouded for the years that I was on the list, I do have to say that when I asked for a refund a few months ago, it came within 3 weeks at the most. I want them to do well, but am still suspicious. I'm routing that they will have their act together when they EVENTUALLY release the Sunset.

Our refund came back quickly too. (must be near 6 months or longer now).

And I too want them to succeed.

I guess just not with my money.

Except for those loans my taxes are funding. I guess that's OK.

Like I have a choice.

Those dimples look like back up sonar. The front end still makes me cringe.
879911850_AA7zJ-M-3.jpg

The dimples are in the exact same place as before. The dimples/impression in the bumper around the sonar sensor makes the sonar so pronounced and eye catching. For some reason I feel like the bumper itself has been slightly altered (in shape)