Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Ocean... ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I got the first slightly encouraging message:

Hello David,
As a Fisker reservation holder, we are providing you with an update regarding the Fisker Ocean production and delivery timelines in North America.
The First Wave
We expect our earliest North American vehicle deliveries will take place in late June. A variety of factors, including delivery speed and the logistics capabilities of our delivery centers will determine the first wave of vehicles delivered. Customers who are part of the first wave of deliveries will start receiving their estimated delivery dates via email as early as Friday, May 26.
s_FtaNy5ZP-_SHhpwElFcs0Tkeru2012RiL5AuWeb_SyAmP9H_eLJ2uvLg6DhPnKu23uJWwo8uoLABh99LdACxr8UgJ3xUtNf8uSRhwqTKEO-d_kHZ_tPSIaf9JGeQoPgzQW4sHTr0bmolF_9mTEwm7Hg8Qx0TVG2WC0ciy8rZw=s0-d-e1-ft
The Next Wave
Our priority will be to finalize the production and delivery of the remaining 5,000 Fisker Ocean Ones to all initial launch markets. As we continue to ramp up production and open the ordering process for other trims, current reservation holders can expect to receive an invitation to order their own Fisker Ocean as those ordering windows open.
More information regarding this will be provided in advance, and closer to when ordering will take place.

Reactions: spsheridan and KJD
A variety of factors, including delivery speed and the logistics capabilities of our delivery centers will determine the first wave of vehicles delivered...

Obviously things seem to be progressing and that's promising, but this word salad makes me laugh. Oh, the speed of delivery will be influenced by things like the delivery speed? Got it! Also the ability for delivery centers to deliver vehicles will influence vehicle deliveries. Delivery delivery might also delivery delivery before delivery. Delivery.

I finally got around to 'please confirm your configuration'...

- You can no longer order the cheapest model with FWD and the smaller battery.
- The next package is the Ultra with AWD, 340mi, sky roof, etc... I reset all the options to off and it goes for $49999. That is about the same as the model Y except that...
- The Intelligent Pilot package costs another $5900 which is approximately Autopilot + Extended Autopilot. This will one day be available by OTA. I did not order it.
- The Ultimate pcakage costs another $4900 and includes faster internet, fancy entertainment stuff, web browser, valet mode, driver profiles, and .... the rain sensing wipers which is a bit odd. I did not order it.
- I did not even read about Performance package
- Winter package which includes heated seats and wheel, pre conditioning, remote control, heated wipers and washer nozzles. I did get this for $1295, a relative bargain.
- At this time the only delivery option is home delivery which is $2350.

We shall see...
1684802160995.png

• Informative
Reactions: KJD and spsheridan
The pictures of the 2 cars may look the same, but that does not begin to tell the story here.

Ford now or soon will have a huge advantage in that they have access to the Tesla supercharger network. Fisker should do the same for North America.

Reactions: pipestem
I totally agree. Actually I think that is one of the things that could save Fisker. At least have the same adapter as Ford is giving out. Meanwhile I was reading about about a 44% decline in Mach-E deliveries, so Ford needed to do something also.

Looking at the Ford some more, the front end almost has that Geely/Volvo look to it. I would be less than surprised if that was the source. Like its an XC40 Ford. Rememeber that Ford sold their interest in Volvo to Geely.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJD
Update. Lately I have been getting the email that it is time to fork over another $750 to 'confirm my reservation'. I have not done so and continue to get Fisker updates, which are suddenly much more frequent.

Today was a new event - consequetive marketing emails from Fisker and Tesla:

1688753443905.png

I can't remember the last time I got such a message from Tesla.

Update. Lately I have been getting the email that it is time to fork over another $750 to 'confirm my reservation'. I have not done so and continue to get Fisker updates, which are suddenly much more frequent.

Today was a new event - consequetive marketing emails from Fisker and Tesla:

View attachment 954062

I can't remember the last time I got such a message from Tesla.
You are a saint, reason I purchased two Ts from inventory/while shipping.

• Love
Reactions: pipestem
The Fisker cars are very interesting from a design point of view, but they really need to get their act together on production and deliveries.

Fisker began initial vehicle deliveries in several European countries as well as the U.S. in the second quarter. But while it produced more than 1,000 vehicles in the second quarter, it made only its initial deliveries, generating just $825,000 in revenue.

Production is ramping up, however, with the company saying it produced another 1,009 vehicles in July alone.

Why Fisker Shares Hit the Brakes Today | The Motley Fool