Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what price? And this being a UK sub-forum, even if that is correct in the USA I wouldn't presume the same answer applies here.
I would assume more expensive than being about to shop around for a better rate. And even in the UK there is Lender Placed Hazard protection or Collateral Protection Insurance, that lenders can utilize. Regardless of the country, lenders want some form of protection.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 17.12.38.png

Trading halted at 9.36am (market time) today, citing 'news pending', not yet resumed.

I think the pending news is their immediate bankruptcy and closure. Aside from the Nissan talks, they were going to raise $150m by selling convertible notes to an existing investor, however that purchase was tied to various performance metrics and the release of the (delayed) 10-Q. Performance metrics missed and Gupta still hasn't delivered the 10-Q.

Company is a mess. I feel sorry for the earlier poster in this thread that bought one, I just hope that Magna who assemble the vehicles may be able to provide or contract out some form of repairs/servicing and still make parts available.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Personally, I dont think a large automaker would be the best thing for Fisker. Most of their issues seem to be software side and the hardware seem innovative enough so personally, I would have like to see Apple take this on.
Apple wouldn't go there with a gigantic barge pole, and especially after spaffing $10B on their own ill conceived car idea, which was recently canned. No way.

Fisker's problems were not lack of software polish or vampire drain. Their problems were more deeply systemic - poor, nepotistic management at the highest levels, a distribution model that was ill thought out, and a car which came to market at a really poor time, facing immense competitive pressure.

Personally, I dont think a large automaker would be the best thing for Fisker. Most of their issues seem to be software side and the hardware seem innovative enough so personally, I would have like to see Apple take this on.
What’s innovative about the hardware?

Other than the little doggy windows going up and down, I don’t see anything that somebody else hasn’t already done.

I don’t really see any fresh ideas, the styling is pretty safe, the price is fine but it’s not undercutting its competitors in what’s already a very busy segment.

It could be a good car if it’s software is finished but I don’t think even that could have saved the company. The issue is they simply aren’t going to be able to make enough of them to make any money.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
What’s innovative about the hardware?

Other than the little doggy windows going up and down, I don’t see anything that somebody else hasn’t already done.

I don’t really see any fresh ideas, the styling is pretty safe, the price is fine but it’s not undercutting its competitors in what’s already a very busy segment.

It could be a good car if it’s software is finished but I don’t think even that could have saved the company. The issue is they simply aren’t going to be able to make enough of them to make any money.
They already made way more than they can sell. Your right you need scale but if you cannot sell the first smaller batches then you are kind of doomed.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Apparently the New York Stock Exchange is planning on de-listing Fisker which in turn will have ramifications on 2025 and 2026 convertible notes. The NYSE says Fisker will default on the 2025 note and be forced to repay the 2026 note. Given their cash position I can’t see Fisker surving this.

Apparently the New York Stock Exchange is planning on de-listing Fisker which in turn will have ramifications on 2025 and 2026 convertible notes. The NYSE says Fisker will default on the 2025 note and be forced to repay the 2026 note. Given their cash position I can’t see Fisker surving this.
Yeah no point saving them either, there's nothing special there really.

Arrival went bust earlier this year. BritishVolt didn't get off the ground, Volta collapsed. There's too many companies in the market vs the demand (Even though it's growing). Capital is expensive now so it's not cheap to keep them afloat.

China's got the capacity to make 1/2 of all the world's cars but isn't yet demand for all those cars from China. A lot of EV startups are going to fail and potentially some of the legacy auto too though that's a ways out for them as long as they can still sell ICE.