Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been reading over at electrek Fisker have cut prices by between $14,000 and $24,000 on the Ocean. I don’t think I’d be a happy bunny if I’d bought one before they knocked about a third off the price.
But even with that discount would you still buy one with the almost certainty of : no warranty, no future software updates, and quite probably, a complete loss of all cloud/connectivity services?

Just been reading over at electrek Fisker have cut prices by between $14,000 and $24,000 on the Ocean. I don’t think I’d be a happy bunny if I’d bought one before they knocked about a third off the price.
They'll be worth even less once they go bust. Even people buying them at those cut down prices are overpaying. Only in the incredibly unlikely chance they don't fold does this workout as a great deal.

Just had an email from Fisker about heavily reduced inventory vehicles with up to £15k off and in the small print it said:

Due to the current economic situation of the manufacturer Fisker Group Inc. and the Fisker sales companies in Europe, there is a risk of limited support and limited services for the vehicles. Buyers must expect a permanent loss of the enforceability of claims for material defects and warranty claims. By concluding a vehicle purchase contract after April 5, 2024, the buyer of a Fisker Ocean declares that he has been informed accordingly and nevertheless wishes to purchase a Fisker Ocean in view of the risk described.

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Got the same.

Apparently an owner put their car into WBAC and got offered £150 for it so worth scrap basically. Pulled I think from all Salary Sacrifice schemes and probably you might not be able to insure them other than third party at a guess soon if not already.

The Fisker Ocean owners in the UK should have a meet up to commiserate their bad fortune. Then accidentally because of all their tears in their eyes they’ll crash (Safely so no one is hurt) into each other causing a massive EV fire and a large insurance claim for them all 😉 If that doesn’t get the fire going they can add a Land Rover into the mix, it’s like a firefighter for a BBQ 😂

Got the same.

Apparently an owner put their car into WBAC and got offered £150 for it so worth scrap basically. Pulled I think from all Salary Sacrifice schemes and probably you might not be able to insure them other than third party at a guess soon if not already.

The Fisker Ocean owners in the UK should have a meet up to commiserate their bad fortune. Then accidentally because of all their tears in their eyes they’ll crash (Safely so no one is hurt) into each other causing a massive EV fire and a large insurance claim for them all 😉 If that doesn’t get the fire going they can add a Land Rover into the mix, it’s like a firefighter for a BBQ 😂
They will need GAP insurance

• Funny
Reactions: FastLaneJB
Too many people calling Fisker downfall unfortunate.

Myself and many others could see this coming years ago, but the way this business was approached given that all the lessons Tesla and others put on full display for others to learn from, just screams recklessness. Just designing a good looking car does not make a viable business.

Not only have a bunch of owners been done over, many of whom likely can ill afford to see their vehicle worth scrap, but countless suppliers will have been screwed over too. In many cases these may be smaller suppliers who can ill afford to lose out and may themselves end up making redundancies or worse their businesses being forced into failure.

Business failures hurt a lot more people that the failed business itself.

Henrik Fisker has much to answer for and I for one trust the legal systems of this world will hold him to account.

Reactions: FastLaneJB