Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing rattling on new tilting screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone fixed it without taping it from outside, has SC fixed those screen stands for anyone here? those plastic rear part of screen stand is really lose when screen is tilted causing rattling noise on new car.

Usually when its centered it doesent rattle, but the moment I tilt it, after first few bumps that loose rear plastic starts to annoy me so much...
Easily fixed in 30 seconds. Just a couple of strips of felt tape. Along the side seams. Once you enjoy it swiveled toward you, centered just looks wrong.

Nobody can see the tape, so better that than ripping out the central components for some other attempted fix.

Attachments

• 9FBD8F87-3BB1-4275-AB30-B682FA770D8C.jpeg
    9FBD8F87-3BB1-4275-AB30-B682FA770D8C.jpeg
    516.6 KB · Views: 137
  • FDA1444C-3440-431B-A5BF-F08CD44BBCEC.jpeg
    FDA1444C-3440-431B-A5BF-F08CD44BBCEC.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: zivac87
Easily fixed in 30 seconds. Just a couple of strips of felt tape. Along the side seams. Once you enjoy it swiveled toward you, centered just looks wrong.

Nobody can see the tape, so better that than ripping out the central components for some other attempted fix.
I saw your post last week and will probably do the same, who knows what can go wrong with removing all this components to fix cheap loose plastic pieces. I would like to know if SC are fixing it without removing them tho.

Yes, it is hugee difference in usability once i tilt it towards me, everything else feels wrong.

I saw your post last week and will probably do the same, who knows what can go wrong with removing all this components to fix cheap loose plastic pieces. I would like to know if SC are fixing it without removing them tho.

Yes, it is hugee difference in usability once i tilt it towards me, everything else feels wrong.
Just spend the 30 seconds, do it, and then forget it ever happened. I leave mine swiveled toward me 100% of the time now (unless wifey is in the car - then I feel bad). Before the fix, I couldn't bear to have it facing me as the rattling drove me nuts. I missed out on over half a year of enjoyment from... well... being lazy. 🤣

Reactions: zivac87