Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90-day window for rattles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... don't mean to complain but this struck me as odd. Got a '22 MSP, wellllll within the manufacturer's warranty. Taking it in for the track package installation on Monday. Mentioned that the plastic housing over the center screen hinge is rattling, and asked if they could check and fix it while there got the car at the SC. They replied that they could, but "any noise concerns are customer-pay after 90 days from delivery". Kinda seems a little petty considering the $ I have and am currently spending on this car. Anyone else run into this? Isn't this what a bumber-to-bumber warranty is for?

I am thinking of starting a thread to chronicle what owners are currently experiencing for warranty denials. It’s only getting worse over time from what I am seeing in threads like yours. My own recent warranty experiences left me feeling like I got roundhouse kicked in the stomach by Tesla.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
care to share? am wondering if they would have covered it but are using the threat of a charge to deter claims. love the car (obviously, am getting the track pack installed), but it's pretty obvious why their reputations dropped so much over the past year or two. they're gonna have a serious problem on their hands when everyone can use their chargers and battery tech/performance levels out in the next year or two.

care to share? am wondering if they would have covered it but are using the threat of a charge to deter claims. love the car (obviously, am getting the track pack installed), but it's pretty obvious why their reputations dropped so much over the past year or two. they're gonna have a serious problem on their hands when everyone can use their chargers and battery tech/performance levels out in the next year or two.

In my case, the front hood and fenders and the rear hatch were so badly aligned from the factory, they were in the beyond ridiculous category, but coverage was denied. My windshield was also in the ridiculous category for waviness and massively distorted areas right in front of the driver, and that was denied too.

But this one today is even more ridiculous, and opens a Pandora's Box of Tesla being able to deny literally any and every claim eventually, and not just the normal "in spec" nonsense.

The exclusion to the New Car Warranty for squeaks and rattles is clearly stated in the warranty you agreed to at purchase on page 10:

1687016888612.png

Attachments

• tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 43
I had figured as much. TBH, the fact that something rattles doesn't mean its defective. Just seems like customer satisfaction, and thus retention will drop with policies like this.
I agree 100%. Another Tesla Service place might say it will fix things like this in the first year or 90 days, instead of the 60 days you learned. Most ICE cars will have some leeway for this, as well as alignment out on a new car, etc.