Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flash batteries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone heard of StorDot Ltd. out of Israel? Their battery is based on nano dot technology based on organic compounds. They currently have a cell phone battery that charges in 30 seconds, and their EV battery charges to 300 miles in 5 minutes. That's 60 miles of charge per minute!!! according to the report on the web site, the flash battery charges like a capacitor, but as the energy density of a battery. Imagine filling your tank in 5 minutes!!! The best thing is that these batteries have three times the charge cycle life of the best lithium batteries. Apparently the nano dot matrix has excellent thermal management, very low internal resistance. Google StorDot Ltd. and give me your thoughts!

Lets not get too excited

@S'toon,
Thanks for the link! Very interesting indeed, and if and when this comes about, it will spell the end of the "smoke pump" cars! I drove the Roadster for 5+ years but gave it back to the company when I retired. I miss that car! Invested at the TESLA IPO. The company reminds me of the one I worked at for 45 years where we were encouraged to dream and accomplish. Some point to low oil prices as a barrier to buying EV's, but I say NO since EV's give a superior driving experience. Every major automobile manufacturer is working feverishly to come out with their own EV answer to TESLA. They see the handwriting on the wall. Its ironic when one looks across a parking lot full of cars, all of which have different colors and wrinkles of sheet metal on the outside, but under the hood, the same block of metal with holes punched in it that burns oil! DULL! I went through the TESLA factory and drove the Model S. I too am signing up for the 3 at the end of March! My how much has happened since the Roadster days!