Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM radio not great

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know most of you folks have moved onto streaming/usb music, but I still like to listen to NPR commuting to work. I've found the FM radio a bit disappointing - some fuzziness on open highways, digital noises when I get in town, overall lower volume than other inputs. Never noticed this in my 2010 Wrangler (although it was tough to hear anything in that)

Maybe this is user error - when I first chose the station, there were 3 HD options I think, possibly I just picked the wrong one? Is this normal nowadays with "HD FM"? This is my first car in two decades with a fancy radio, so my expectations may be a bit high. Or maybe I've got a bad antenna - IDK, hence this post.

How is everyone else's experience using FM?

I, like you like NPR news. I do a fair amount of traveling around the state so I frequently lose FM signal.
So here's something to consider. My answer to that has been to use the TuneIn app. Just search for the radio station you like to listen to, favorite it...and now as long as you have data signal you can listen to a live radio station no matter where you are in the state! Clearer than FM reception in my opinion. Allows me to listen to my favorite Tampa station even when I'm doing to South Florida. You might want to see if this can work for your situation.

BTW, I also use TuneIn to subscribe to the NPR hourly updates and Up First Podcasts. TuneIn is really more powerful than many think, though it's handling of longer podcasts suck as it doesn't remember position.