Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM radio stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden, my FM radio is not working, no station comes through. It has worked since I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, and I ordered back in May.
Did I miss something about this ending? Or am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I disabled something by accident? I hit FM radio and try all the stations and none are giving any sound. I switch to streaming and get all that, but I am getting tired of ABC news and 80's music
Thanks

Can't answer the question about FM radio not working but do know that most/many/all FM radio stations are available on Tunein. At least worth a try. Plus you can tunein to radio stations from all over the world. Love driving down the freeway in sunny LA listening to the dreary weather forecast live from the BBC in England.. :) (to be fair they have had a heatwave there too recently)

That did it. Now I just have to figure out some other "quirks": headlights come on during the day at random times, overheat protection still doesn't come on even after I have driven the car multiple times during the day, and still get the random brake on and window washer fluid low warnings after starting the car...but I love the car!

That did it. Now I just have to figure out some other "quirks": headlights come on during the day at random times, overheat protection still doesn't come on even after I have driven the car multiple times during the day, and still get the random brake on and window washer fluid low warnings after starting the car...but I love the car!

These were fixed in the last update ... which version are you on?

Today I experienced the same problem with the FM sound not coming though even though the visual indicators indicated the current program transmission was being received. The internet radio and streaming were working properly. Rebooting the system corrected the problem.

My radio has also stopped playing. The circle goes around but never stops. Slacker works and my usb with music works. Funny thing was before the last update usb constantly had to reload but the radio worked. Tried soft and hard reboot and still no radio. Is the usb causing the problems after months of everything working?

Add me to the FM radio glitch group. Started Thursday. Spinning wheel and stations never load/play audio. Bluetooth and USB audio work fine. Reboots did nothing. Car updated last night from 2019.24 to 2019.28 and I thought it would fix the problem but it is still doing the same thing. Submitting service request now.

Mine quit working this afternoon. A reboot didn't fix it.
Im in the same boat since last Thursday, Ive rebooted about a dozen times since then and my car updated from 2019.24 to 2019.28 and the problem persisted. What software version are you on? Has anyone had this problem on 2019.32? I have a mobile service appointment for next Monday but Im hopeful they push me 2019.32 in the next couple of days and it fixes the issue.

I have a different FM radio problem. I have a few FM stations in my favorites (plus a dozen or two other things).
When I tap FM fav #3, for example, after a short delay it usually plays but sometimes the circle goes around and around...but when the station does play the button does not indicate that it is actually playing (as shown by the overlaid speaker icon)
If I tap another stations then it displays correctly and is OK thereafter.

My FM Radio has done the exact same thing. From one day to the next it stopped working. The circle just spins and nothing plays.Tesla service contacted me and basically told me to attempt to play the FM radio again to recreate the issue, log the time/date, and report it back to them. They got back to me about 2-3 days later and told me they had to order a new radio (thus delaying my original service date). When the mobile tech arrives for the service call, Im going to be asking him/her many questions. This seems very odd.

• Informative
Reactions: RobC
My FM Radio has done the exact same thing. From one day to the next it stopped working. The circle just spins and nothing plays.Tesla service contacted me and basically told me to attempt to play the FM radio again to recreate the issue, log the time/date, and report it back to them. They got back to me about 2-3 days later and told me they had to order a new radio (thus delaying my original service date). When the mobile tech arrives for the service call, Im going to be asking him/her many questions. This seems very odd.
When is your service call? Mine is not until the 16th (was the first available appointment). Would love to hear the resolution. Seems strange for so many FM radios to be failing around the same time.