Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FM Song Title, Artist, Album info not displayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

First let me apologize if this is known information among the community. I did a couple of searches on this topic in both the forums and google and couldn't find anything either relevant or current (only similar post I saw was from 2013).

I am a first time Tesla owner, just picked my P85D up yesterday!!! So excited! When I was playing with setting up the radio I noticed that none of the RDS information (Song Title, Artist, Album info) from FM stations that my previous cars displayed is picked up on my new Tesla. I figured it was a setting I was missing but after playing with everything I still couldn't resolve it. I know that the stations I have set support this function as my previous vehicle and my wife's current 2011 Honda display this information. So my question is, am I missing something easy to fix this or is this really something my new Tesla can't do?

On a side note, the slacker radio does display everything fine.

Thank you,
Ryan

The car should automatically pickup if the station has an HD channel version, use that and display all the meta data. If the signal is weak, it may revert to the regular FM signal, without meta data. You can tell by there being a blue 'HD' box next to the station name when it is tuned to HD. I don't recall if there is a setting to stop it using the HD channel, mine has just always worked that way.